Meniere's - please share some love

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Meniere's about four years ago, and in the past few months, my symptoms have become so difficult to live with. I have constant pressure in my left ear, heading loss, tinnitus, and I am almost always dizzy. I have vertigo attacks very frequently now, and today I had to stay home from work yet again because of another attack. I just finished vomiting and lying on the bathroom floor, just crying.

I'm 30 years old and I just got married last month. Thank goodness I got through the ceremony without any problems. I just hate that my life is becoming completely consumed by this. My husband is so supportive and always tries to help, although unfortunately there isn't anything he can do.

I've been to countless doctors, and I'm just at the end of my rope. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job, and I hate that my relationship is constantly affected by this. I used to run 25 miles a week and this past year I'm lucky if I can walk 1 mile. I want to start a family but I'm so afraid I'll pass on this terrible disease. I'm so sorry to be so negative but it's hard to keep staying hopeful. I'm starting to feel like me being around is only causing myself and others pain. If anyone could just share some hope or positivity I could really use it.

Love,

Jamie

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As your everyday life is severely affected, conservative therapy is no longer helpful.  You need to try intratympanic steroid injections to get at the heart of the problem.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I know exactly! I got married last year, although I am older. I have had HUGE success with going to a physio. It has totally transformed my life. It just might work. I didn't make it to the first appointment, but was just about OK to get to the second one, and he adjusted my neck. No vertigo episodes since.

• Posted

That's amazing to hear! I've just started see a physical therapist that is working on my neck/jaw/shoulders. It's hard to stay hopeful all of the time, but to hear that everyone is dealing with it and living happy lives is really inspiring! Thank you for sharing -- I'll stick with the therapy and try to stay positive smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.