Menieres and work commitments

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone asked to work from home and been granted this ? I work full time in an office, am troubled by symptoms daily, but would be able to cope with them a lot more from home than in an open plan office with 60 people. My employer hasn't said no, but has asked me to get clearance from a doctor first that I'm fit for work? I'm Australian - anyone have advice here on how I should proceed?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You should enlist the help of your physician in this. It sounds like your employer just wants some assurance that if they do set you up to work from home that you will be able to perform your job from home. It is much more difficult to work from home because of all of the potential distractions that can happen at home that are much more controlled in an office.  Add your problems with menieres and things can get worse. Your company also needs to give you accesses and and descriptions of expectations so that all are on the same sheet of music. If they say yes, it would be a good idea to get HR also involved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.