Menieres disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would like to hear from anyone who suffers from Menieres disease. ..their syptoms medication etc ....as I have been diagnosed

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can find tons of info on it just Google menieres. Frequent bouts of vertigo, dizzy alot. It affects everyone a little different. Some take meclazine and it helps. Did nothing for me. Depending where you live there's a list of meds. I take low dose diazepam helps a little. Diuretics help most ppl. Did nothing for me. Doc started inner tympanic gentamicin injections. Some get steroids.

• Posted

Whoo Bill! Gentamicin!

Have you already lost your hearing due to the Ménière's? I know someone like you will be up on all the possible side-effects. I guess this is just a measure of how desperate you are. I hope it goes well for you.

• Posted

I had some hearing loss from menieres. That's one of the issues with it. The gentamicin if done right has little impact on hearing. So far, after 2 injections, my hearing has not changed. If you had vertigo spells several times a day and dizzy 24/7 for a year and a half, after dealing with these issues 6 months a year for 11 years already, you get so you will try anything. What's it going to do effect my balance? Severe dizziness for 11 years has done that already.

• Posted

Goodness I'm so sorry you have suffered all that time.....I'm only in my 3rd year...and even then it's not all the time ...it seems to go on holiday. ..but then comes back with a vengeance! !!@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.