Menieres Disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

I woke up last Saturday morning I was so off balance and dizzy, back of my head pressure and my ears were ringing. This lasted most of the day. By the evening was just a little off balance, but my ears ring off and on. Its very scary. I did not go to hospital, because I had little bouts like this before that I mentioned to doctor. But just because it went away he thought nothing of it, I do get anxiety attacks which I take Prozac. Spoke to doctor on Tuesday and he told me it is probably Menieres Disease he prescribed serc (Betahistine) medication to take 3 times a day started on Tuesday. Now it is Thursday still not feeling 100% I am still feeling a little light headed especially in the morning and head rings off and on. How long does this medicine take to kick in. I am suppose to see the doctor next week on Wednesday. I am afraid to go out, for fear of another attack.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

it takes some time for the4 betahsinte to get into your system....sound slike you are doing the right things...drink lots of water and cut the salt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.