Menieres disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im new ive just been told i have menieres disease and vestibular migraines i am waiting on a brain scan and appointment with ENT GP has given me Betahistine 16mg which i take three times a day i also have antiemics for the nausea and take regular headache meds nothing is helping last year i took drop attacks and leg tremors when i was in hospital for a treatment over a year ago long story short i was told i had FND which i was not convinced of after having a TEN minute examination Fast forward for about seven months i have been having bad headaches which recently are occuring every day my GP thinks ive being having some kind of focal seizieres as i can remember them i can find myself staring into space for no reason and when falling asleep or wakening up i sometimes hear a voice speaking but cant make out whats been said i have tinnitus in one ear and partial hearing loss in that ear(have had my hearing checked a while ago) i also have constant hoarseness that started about same time as headaches can anyone relate to this as im terrified that this is a brain tumour sorry the post is so long but hope someone can reassure me that there's nothing sinister going on i also have had a few vertigo attacks and a lot of dizzyness and hemifacial spasms when tiredHope everyone is doing ok Marie

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hello....My MD started out failry bad but have been on betahistine 8mg 2-3 x per day then 16 2x per day and now ive cut back to 16 once a day.....the beginning sucks and for me was the hardest but it does subside....my hearing in the bad ear is almost gone but they make hearing aids for that and to now have the vertigo and dizziness i can deal with it.....hang in there...sounds like you are doing the right things.....any anti viral meds?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.