Meniers attacks worse since August struggling to work what can I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I havr had meniers for a couple of years it was controlled until August this year I flew to italy and since then I am having an attack every other /every three days. I am fast thinking that I may have to stop work does anyone know if I can claim anything? Many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same boat as you.  Struggled with this for 6 years, working sick on the job with this, off and on at work.  Past employer gave me the sack after 13 years service.  They saw me struggling and there were tons of medical evidence to prove. No statutory sick pay. No positive discussion about early ill health retirement.  I applied for DLA and it was turned down by ATOS as they run a claims denial service.  May sure you speak with a debt counsellor before making that decision about declaring bankruptcy.  It is scarry but please get the best advice possible.  
  • Posted

Hi, I experienced something similar earlier this year. I flew to Spain my meniere's was worse it eventually simmered down but took months. I really don't think you would be able to make any claim since you were diagnosed with this disease before. I do think flying does make the condition worse. I haven't flown since. 

• Posted

Hello sarah64838,

I also have suffered from tinitis, Miniere's Disease for the past 20 years. The last vertigo episode I had was in 2008, which lasted eight months. For me, stress is a real big contributer of the dizziness and vertigo. I recently cut out all sugars, salt and grains (except oats in the mornings) and have seen a dramatic change in how I feel. Stretching and maybe Tai Chi also can not hurt. Usually in September or october I would be feeling the symptoms of vertigo but now I get the usual Herpes sore on or around my mouth and it comes with a slight sensation of vertigo but never a full-blown one. I'm not sure if you can file something for work but your ENT should be able to help you figure it out. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.