Meniers disease sufferers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there...I have recently been diagnosed with meniers disease ..im not having tinnitus.Is it possible that is one issue i wont have.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Skella. Who diagnosed you with MD? What tests were done for the diagnosis? Do you have ear fullness and hearing loss in low decibel range?

• Posted

My ent consultant..and yes i have a lot of fullness in the ear and my hearing is bad ...i can hear some sounds extra loud and other sounds are muffled..i had a hearing test and a mri scan

• Posted

it sounds like you have MD but to be sure you would need to undergo a larger series of tests that evaluate your eye movement and balance function (vestibular testing). My recommendation is to request these tests be run. If you find that you definitely have MD then there are diet and medicinal protocols you should follow that will help eliminate/diminish ear fullness, vertigo and tinnitus. What did your consultant recommend for you?

Regarding tinnitus....it is likely that you will have it at some point. I was told and almost all literature on the subject says that tinnitus is one of the defining symptoms of MD....that's why I suggest you undertake further testing to be sure you in fact do have MD. Good luck!

• Posted

I think i need to tanney as im a bit confused now lol...thankyou for your advise

• Posted

I have not heard of a MS diagnosis without tinnitus. that seems unusual to me? What lead you to going to the doctor?

• Posted

Hi RIchard i went to the doctors due to the fullness in my ears and then it proressed to the attacks

• Posted

Lots of folks have Menieres and you certainly could have it with those symptoms. My first diagnosis was based on similar symptoms, although many years later when I had some bad episodes I underwent more testing and confirmed the diagnosis.

I'll use this opportunity to give you an insight into a trigger for my episodes - aspartame in soft drinks. Consider excluding it from your diet and see if your symptoms abate. It may help, and costs nothing to try.

• Posted

Hi Denny

A lot of my symptoms do head towards meniers and what im learning is that not everyone is the same ...i seem to have some things that others dont and visa versa ...i think meneirs can hit in differnt ways do you agree

• Posted

It could be. For me, prior to an episode my tinnitus and hearing sensitivity will increase. Are you on a low salt diet?

• Posted

Hi David...i am but only just recently as this is fairly new for me so its a bit soon to tell as wether it helps...are you doing the low salt and has it hepled

• Posted

i have and it takes at least a few months for the change to take effect. i would try everything and anything less invasive before many of the other treatments a good resource is mindovermenieres.com

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.