Meningitis or a cold?! Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a sore throat & blocked nose for a couple of days and this evening I developed a headache and aching/ sore neck. im really worried its meningitis! I suffer from health anxiety and cant sleep due to fear! Is it meningitis or just a cold and sore neck and headache?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i cant be sure bc im not a doctor so if u are worried see a doctor . but i also suffer majooooor health anxiety. currently worried about uti and appendicits actually. i have also feared meningitis .. and from experience i could say its probably just bc ur sick. those are all very common symptoms of a cold . it could even be strep or something (NOT TO FREAK U OUT) .. take a look inside ur throat , if there r white dots or streaks .. its most likely something like strep, tonsilitis, or epstein barr virus (kissing disease/mono) just go see a dr to ease ur mind 😃

• Posted

bacterial meningitis causes fever, vomiting, rash, stiff neck where u cant bend it down ,it goes way beyond sore, severe headache.

viral meningitis is not as dangerous. usually better in a week to 2 weeks.

sounds like u have a typical cold virus.

• Posted

Thank you, i hope it is just a common cold. Dr google gave me awful stories of people who had mengitis and onky showed symptoms of headaches but i guess this is rare.

• Posted

try to stay off dr google. they give only worse cases.

• Posted

if it was bacterial meningitis for a couple of days, you d be very seriously ill now

• Posted

oh bless ya, its just a virus, take no noticed of ya thoughts, it soon go.. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.