meningitis side affects

Posted , 3 users are following.

my daughter was only 5 weeks old when she had a temp of 48.9 i call the emergency doctor straight away who then sent her to hospital they quickly put her on antibiotics for meningitis they diagnosed bacterial meningitis after 2 LP and blood tests im so glad she was treated so quickly as we could have lost her but the thing is she is now 6 months old and for the past 4 months she is constantly drewling and her tongue is constantly out its not every now and then it is constantly out lickin her lip chin and anything she can lick is this normal or could it be a side affect to the illness please any advice is appreciated xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If she seems normal in every other respect then she probably is. But why not put a end to this worry and take her to see your GP smile
  • Posted

apart from the drewlin and tongue and starin alot she is fine rollin round playing and giggling but i think i had better get her checked over i just didnt wanna seem silly and look silly if i did take her n i guess a small part of me is scared incase there is any problems she been thru so much at such an early age poor maid sad but thanks for the comment xxxx
  • Posted

She sounds absolutely fine but its reasonable to wonder if there has been any long term effect on her developmental health 8)
  • Posted

Hi

I'd just like to say that my 10 month old granddaughter also spends most the day with her tongue out and dribbles constantly. We do know though that she is after some teeth.

If ever in doubt about a baby or child, your first port of call MUST be your doctor or Health Visitor.

Do let us know how you get on.

Melbi

• Posted

hi all ty so much for ur help i spoke to the health visitor and she said it was normal thank god i was soooo worried but now i know i feel 100% better im just a worry wart n to some a pain in the bum lol thanks xxxxxx :P
  • Posted

Glad everything is ok - it is always best to get these things checked out by someone like your HV or GP. Even they would not be able to give a correct diagnosis or the all clear going off a message printed on a board.

They need to see the patient.

You can relax now and enjoy your daughter and her progress

Melbi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.