meniscus knee tear

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive had a meniscus knee tear for 6months now has anyone else had this or can anyone give me advice on this please all the hospital always say is need to loose weight i also have osteoarthritis

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

DEpending on how bad it is , I tore mine badly a d had to have knee replacement , I put it off for 2 years bad decision because that didnt help my good knee . Sometimes it can just be tidied up , have you seen a knee surgeon ?

• Posted

if your meniscus tear is not serious the body can heal by itself or you can go for PRP injection which i did 2015 till now. GOOD LUCK.

• Posted

Hello Katerina, i too tore my meniscus over a year ago. i was also told to lose weight, which i did, one and half stone, it has definitely helped, at the same time i started i having steroid pain relieving injections every 3/5 months which has helped greatly. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Katerina, I too suffer from the same problem and have done for a couple of years. I have had steroid injections in the knee and also fluid drawn off as I get a lot of swelling in the knee. These injections do help but only for a short time. Anyway, now my consultant is going to "tidy up" my knee joint and this will be done by keyhole surgery in the next few weeks. Just waiting for my appointment - maybe your consultant would consider the same. Good luck

• Posted

Twice...once each knee playing hockey for 45 years. Ortho scoped the knee on a Friday, weekend elevation back to work on Monday with an AirCast ice bucket for a few days. Then back on my skates. PS: Then I tore off each femoral condyle cartilage...another two scopes, etc. Went 18 years before I needed a TKR.

Check the COOLIEF website. FDA-approved procedure (cooled radiofrequency ablation) that has shown to be very successful for osteoarthritis pain of knees, hips, elbows and shoulders. 15-minutes, same day. Site will find a local certified doc for you. I will DEFINITELY do this before another TKR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.