meniscus stemcells repair

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I am 32 year old female, I have got meniscus tear in my right knee due to skydiving injury. I dont think its really really bad as in to have arthroscopy as it comes and goes, so I was thinking to try stemcell therapy. I live in the uk and I was wondering if anyone had it and how much it cost and more important if it really works?

Thank you  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a failed arthroscopy and I'd be interested too as to how much and where?

Its my experience that arthroscopies work on younger people because there's less chance of them having arthritis.

Why don't you just have the arthroscopy operation, you'll be up and about in no time?

• Posted

you are right, but at some point in the future you will still end up with arthritis because if the cartilage is missing it will rub bone on bone. something that’s cut away cannot be replaced. not a meniscus anyway. if the technology is advanced that it can repair it if rather give that a go
    • Posted

Have you been told how much of your meniscus needs cutting away??

Mine was fine till I went back to work then standing up all shift put me back to square one.

I walked out unaided after the op and there was hardly any swelling.

I don't want a knee replacement as unlike the hip I had done they don't seem to work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.