Meniscus surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

A little over 4 months post op

of lateral and medial meniscus trimming and removal of ruptured ACL, knee is still swollen, painful, and stiff. While the pain has gotten so much better it still hurts me every day.  I am a nurse therefore do a lot of walking and workout three times a week.   I am an active person and cannot sit still. Ice every day is my savior.  Plan on having acl reconstruction January. Hope there is relief in the near future!!  Anyone still have swelling, pain, and stiffness this long post op?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Michelle

l had meniscus tear trimmed and chondroplasty nearly three months ago. At first, recovery was good and then something happened while I was walking which has made the whole knee area, including the upper shin and lower thigh bone, very painful. Surgeon said to give it more time and go through the gym more but it really sore. Seeing him again on Oct 10 but am seeing GP tomorrow in the meantime. It's really sore and is keeping me awake. Not good, I'm afraid but I'm told this is unusual. Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Ken

• Posted

Surgery to repair a torn meniscus involves rehabilitation, although it varies depending on the injury, the type of surgery, and your orthopedist's preference. In general, meniscus surgery is followed by a period of rest, walking, and selected exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.