Menopausal apps????

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I've been searching the Internet trying to find a menopausal app for my phone/tablet. Somewhere I can note on a calender how I feel, food I've eaten/changed/where I am on my hrt tablets. Something that is visible so i can see and work out what is working and what isnt.

Any ideas ladies??

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen.

I have been trying to find a Hag Replacement Therapy app as well!

So far no joy. I would like to be able to add all my hot flushes, mood and times I forget stuff. It would be very helpful.

At the moment I'm telling Siri to remind me.

If anyone has any ideas or would be very helpful.

Good luck!

Liz

• Posted

What's a Hag Replacement Therapy? I know all this perimeno stuff is making me feel like one!

• Posted

sorry for laughing, but now I can't stop, but what is Hag Replacement Therapy because I need some too.  pmsl

• Posted

LOLOLOLOL. I was reading til the end of all the posts and my meno brain was expecting an explanation of what it is! Thinking its some British term I haven't heard of.

Now I see it may be spellcheck problem. Or maybe a Freudian slip! 😃 lol

• Posted

either way, it really made me laugh, and your comment.  Yes, I need Hag Replacement Therapy, big time!  Still laughing now everytime I read the comment. hahaha
    • Posted

lol.  stop!  everytime someone says it now I burst out laughing.  
    • Posted

Every time I see "HRT" from now on I think I'll remember hag instead. Lol.

• Posted

yes, hahahaha.  Think I'll ask the doctor for some of that Hag Replacement stuff.  Sounds fantastic!  

• Posted

Tee hee hee!! It helps to have a weird sense of humour I find!!! 😊

• Posted

if there is one, I would like it too.  Haven't come across one yet.  

• Posted

Maybe we should look into designing 1 😂😂. I think it would really helpful for me and by the sounds of it for other ladies as well

• Posted

Karen, I was just thinking that as I was reading their post on the meno app when you said maybe we should design one. :-)
    • Posted

i use one called hormone horoscope but its not for menopause, it is really for before peri.  I have found it useful though, but it is really geared towards women who still have no idea of this fiasco we're in!  ha, if you know how to get one set up, let us know

• Posted

Mmmm! I was told a hysterectomy was the best thing I could do. I DISAGREE!!!! 46 and feel like I'm 80 most days!!! Women lie more than men!!!!

Good luck!

• Posted

If they could guarantee that by having that done everything would be normal again, I'd do it!!!! But that's not going to happen!!!

I also ask who told you that???

• Posted

I'm feeling quite good today so I might start trying to look into it, not sure how far I will get but any ideas on what would be good to have on it would be gratefully appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I think that it depends on the reason you have the hysterectomy and what type it is. I had a hysterectomy 10 months ago for irregular bleeding, pain from multiple fibroids and severe endometriosis which attached my fallopian tubes to my bowel causing a ton of scar tissue formation. Uterus, fallopian tubes and cervix was removed. Ovaries were left in to gradually lose function on their own so I wouldn't go into sudden surgical menopause.

If you asked me 6 months ago if it was the best think I've done I would have said no way! But if you ask me today I would say yes, in a heartbeat! No more periods, no more pain and heaviness in my abdominal area and my IBS is a whole lot better with the endometriosis removed from my bowel. Yes, I am still suffering this menopause roller coaster as my hormone levels change and my ovaries lose function but I'd rather go through this without all of the other crap caused by the condition of my uterus etc.😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.