Menopausal bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

had post menopausal bleeding doctor did a d& c which stopped the bleedingthree months after the d&c started bleeding again has anyone experienced this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi - I think I'm going to have to get a D&C due to bleeding that has gone on for the last month.I'm 54. Just had an ultrasound and it said the endometrium looked normal. I think my bleeding is due to some type of hormonal imbalance.The doctor said she could give me hormones to stop it.If the biopsy after your D&C was normal, maybe you are experiencing the same issue and hormones will help or the bleeding will stop.

• Posted

Does any of these tests hurt? I had the trans ultrasound-- lining is super thick and possibly a huge pylop she thinks. In 2 weeks I'm going for a ultrasound with saline (have no idea what that it) and then she said eventually I will have a D&C which I thought was a 'dusting and cleaning'.. Not fun I'm sure.

• Posted

I have had uterine biopsy. It didn't hurt but I took 4 Advils prior to the procedure.I also had a D&C.Didn't hurt and it was great after since it stopped the heavy periods and spotting.

• Posted

yep im 54 and have exactly the same issue. i had think lining and polyps- all removed and tested ok.

back on HrT then bleeding 3 months after op.

back to docs next week for another (yet another) discussion about it. xx

• Posted

Thanks Louise. Did you have daily spotting? Did you have to get a biopsy prior to the D&C? I am hoping to skip the D&C. Does your doctor know what was causing your spotting?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.