Menopause??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm not quite sure where to start with this and I will probably sound really silly smile

I'm 44 and a little confused. I have had no classic symptoms of menopause, my periods have been 28-30 days apart for the last 10 years+ no hot flushes etc until approx 3 weeks ago when I had 5 days of night sweats and flushes then nothing. I have now totally missed a period (3 weeks late) and realised that the flushes etc were when I was due. Is it normal for them to just stop. I have no other (what my mum had) symptoms apart from being tired. I have put that down to diabetes though as the last few months I have had great bloods and lost weight but the last 10 days I have eaten nothing but stodge. Mum is convinced its Menopause but I just feel to young sad any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry for rambling

Sam

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Rambling is what we all do here. It's partly what it's for! I'm 48 have still got periods but have stomach pain, panics, sweats, no sleep and have lost weight! My bloods are good but there is something not right with me.  We generally know our bodies by now but hormones can be strong things! I'm off to docs again tomo for a check up on bowel etc.  I don't care if people think I'm crazy i al just rying to take care of myself after years of taking care of others.

Talk to anyone you need to docs, friends etc and make sure you take good care of things like your vitamins etc

Best of luck

• Posted

Thanks for replying, its nice to know I'm not alone smile I did speak to a close friend today about it and she threw in 'your not pregnant are you?' I hadn't even considered that!! We had IVF for our boys 14 years ago. So a test has been bought just to rule it out before I drive myself crazy!
  • Posted

Hi Samantha

i feel that you are going through peri menopause and no you are not to young for it to start. I'm 46 and I'm post menopausal it can start in your 40s and 44 is not to young to start peri menopause. 

Don't worry you are just in the begining of peri menpause, thats why there are no signs hope you feel better

• Posted

Thanks Susan, I also think I'm deffo perimen after reading through posts on here. Its good to know that there is somewhere to come with questions.
  • Posted

Hi Samantha, you came to the right place and you're not rambling.  Have you thought you might be pregnant???

As for being too young... yeah, I get it.  But, unfortunately, it starts in our 40s for some of us.  I felt the exact same way you did (I'm 47 now) a couple years ago when I started sweating through the bed and found Suzanne Sommers book called (are you ready?), "I'm too young for this"!!!  It was a real life saver and wake up call.  Maybe start with that but she's a bit extreme about how to TREAT peri-menopuase so once you feel understood and not alone, come back here for advice.

What helped me a couple years ago when I was your age was just simply progesterone cream.  One small pea-size drop every night before I went to bed.  That helped me with night sweats and helped me sleep better and just made me FEEL better... and it worked by itself for nearly two years.

I am 47 now and having much worse symptoms but am determined to find that right blend of hormones, vitamins and other rememdies to beat the latest symptoms.

I'm sorry this is happening to you now -- but it gets all of us eventually and you're not alone!

• Posted

Thank you for the replies ladies! Looks like its definitely 'the change'. Looking back and after reading posts on here I think I might of been perimen for a while, my periods although regular have changed still heavy just not as long, mood swings (although suffer PMT mood swings) they do seem to of been a little worse. I started my periods at age 10 so I guess early men was on the cards. Thanks at least I know where to come with any questions smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.