Menopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies i had a full hysterectomy on the 12th Sep and now im in Menopause and i feel so down and depressed.I went to the doctors last Tuesday and she said its all my hormones so she percribed me antideprssants.I cant go on HRT yet until i have a ultra sound scan.I had a large cyst on my left ovarie and it was boaderline so i had to have a CT scan and everything was clear and now i have to have a ultra sound scan on my liver just for compltion.As anybody else had these feeling of not wanting to stay in on my own.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A lot of women here have. I personally have not. Nonetheless, you're not alone and there are homeopathic things you can do. I forced myself to exercise, even in my most tired, which helps your overall mental and physical health. Vitamins and exercise... Please read through some of the other threads here on Vitamin B. Also Google this "How to increase serotonin in the human brain without drugs" I hope this helps.

All the best,

Eva

• Posted

julie you won't be alone on this forum. At the moment not only ate your hormones all over the place but you are recovering from major surgery. It's understandable you'll be feeling down. Ate you resting? Sometimes we overdo it trying to just get back to normal. Take your medication until you can get a decision on HRT. Sending you hugs and take care
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry to hear about you having to have a hysterectomy. Yes, your hormones will definitely be whacked out of balance. I was thinking it may be a good idea to get your thyroid checked too. Sometimes that will mimic a lot of emotional, female hormonal imbalance symptoms. It's worth checking in to. It's pretty simple to treat too. 

Best Regards,

Mary

• Posted

Hi Mary thank you very very much for your advise of going getting my thyroid checked.I did and the doctor phoned me last week and i go and see a speacilist for a overactive thyroid.Did that happen to you Mary xxxx
  • Posted

Thank you very much everyone its so helpful
    • Posted

Hi Julie I had a hysterectomy some years ago but remember being all over the place. Just try and relax do something nice menopause is a pain in the bum but we all have to go through it. This forum is one of the best for help and support. 
  • Posted

Sending you hugs, rest up surgery alone can set your emotions in a tizzy, take your medication and that will help, can take some time to get into your system, but it will help you while waiting on the decision for HRT, also know you are not alone in this we are always here giving support the best way we can!  
    • Posted

Aw thank you Loretta i no there is some good help on this forum and i am greatfull.Went back to the doctors today and he as given me some diferant tablets hes percribed me Citalopram am going to take my first one tonight so hopefully that will work xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.