Menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi this is my 1st post and just hoping someone can help. I am 39 and going though the

menopause, I have had a period for 3 weeks and fell like I have flu,my body is aching all

over,

The drs have said there is nothing that can be done.

Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bish,

I went through menopause at 39, but had no real symptoms other than lack of periods and occasional night sweats. HOWEVER, you are at a much higher risk of osteoporosis when you have an early menopause and my GP put me on HRT and calci-chew pills to try and prevent it.....I still developed it but had a very strong family history and was also under-weight so was fighting a losing battle in a way !! Your GP should do a hormone test, just to establish that it is definately an early menopause and take further management from there....lots of prescription and alternative remedies are available to treat synptoms so don't be fobbed off. Good luck. Pauline.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your responce, it has been confirmed by a hormone test but they are reluctant to put me on hrt at the mo, just need some help with the achy flu like body and the bleeding just gets tiring! Let's hope it stops soon. Thanks for your advise.

Kerrie

• Posted

hi i am 42yrs and going through the menopause,and i am very reluctant to go on hrt,it scare me in a big way,2 doc look at me very strange,as there find it hard to beliver i am going throught menopause,blood test have confirm it in jan this yr,my periods stop in nov last year and came bk in feb,i get hot flushes in the day but nothk i cant handle,the nite sweats have stop,and my sex drive has gone,feel very sick,and my mood swing r bad i have put on a stone in weight to,feel like crying most day for no reason what so ever,find life very hard to cope wth as i use to be a very happy go lucky person that enjoy life to the max,and now i am a grumpy,and amotion wreck,have been lookin for other treatment apart from hrt,and i found a cream called seneitiy,from wellbeing site,has any one try it,wood love to hear people veiws jox
  • Posted

Hi I also have been confirmed to be going through the menopause , I'm 39 and been going through for 2 years . My symptoms are mood swings , depression , and extremely dry and painful vaginal area , my periods are as follows il miss 3/4 then bleed for a couple and when I've missed it gets to the point when I could kill some 1 , also I've never been a chocolate person but I could eat it by the bucket load this past year . I amass of today gonna try the patches but still got to admit I'm worried about side effect ect so any feed back will be grateful x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.