Menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Menstruation years after Menopause

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Followed posts up to last one 21 days ago. But no one mentioned my situation ("panic").  Delaighted to have fund this site which is re-assuring before seeing physician.  However my situation is a bit different. Anyone out there know of anyone in my situation??  (Longest anyone posted as having menstruation after menopause was 5 years...)  Mine is a case of 20 years since menopause!.  I have all the same symptoms as past menstruation with sudden bloating and lower backache needing heating pad which was my normal monthly experience in past monthly events...  20 years.. Am I a freak?  Replies appreciated.   
  • Posted

Hi, Hopefully you have made an appointment to see GP,  no you are not a freak but it's not right to have a period after that amount of time, so get in to see Doc asap.   Hope all is ok, keep us updated, take care x
  • Posted

My dear old mum had a bleed in her late seventies, which would have been about 23 years after her menopause.  She took it very calmly despite having to rush out and buy some pads.  I would have been freaking out but she wasn't that sort.  She had a D&C and that was that. If they ever told her what it was she never told me but it was nothing untoward, she lived on for another 15 years.
    • Posted

Hi Helen64949 and others who encouraged my seeing physican.  Glad to hear about your Mum some 23 years after having similiar incident and that she is still with you and fine 15 years after the event.  I have been under extreme stress from 4 different directions and friend who is doctor (though not that specialty) said it is unbelievable the things he has seen when folks are under extreme stress.
  • Posted

Peggy. It's nothing I'm sure. Nonetheless promise us, promise that tomorrow you're going to call your GP or at least the nurse. Okay? Cheers. XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.