Menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Nice to see menopause is being discussed on sky news today more information and guidance is needed from our GPs πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, yes I thought that this morning. In my experience my gp practice seems to not want to talk menopause, they just want you to go away and get on with it . So glad for this forum and others like it as we as least feel we're not going crazy, we're not alone. Hope you have a good day x
    • Posted

Hi Hun hopefully we will get more support now it's being discussed and bought out of the closet lol. You have a good day as well Hun πŸ’‹
  • Posted

Good morning Britain were talking about it aswell,but they only ever mention hot flushes and crabby moods,it's no wonder we re all shocked and scared when all the other crazy things happen,but at least they re talking about it,I'm still as confused as ever about hrt.πŸ€”X
    • Posted

Hopefully loose woman might discuss it at some point. I saw it on sky news so it's out these xx Hope you have a good day Hun xx
    • Posted

Thank you,hope you have a good day aswell,we will be glued to loose women today lol 😊Xx
    • Posted

And speaking of "crazy things," this might be a weird question, but I just read that menopause symptoms can include dryness of the eyes, which can lead to conjunctivitis that is hormonal. Have any of you had redness and sharp pains in one or both eyes?
    • Posted

So obviously your eyes get dry, but has no one has had redness and sharp pains?
    • Posted

Omg yes they did before drops I was hospitalised many times
    • Posted

If your eyes dry out it takes the coating off which makes you feel someone is poking you in the eye with a stick any help???
    • Posted

Thank you, Carjaz, I was beginning to think it may not be hormonal, because I don't have the classic symptom of pink eye--the itching, but for over a week now I've had redness, tearing and pains, especially when I strain to look at something close up. When you were hospitalized for it, did they diagnose it as hormonal pink eye? The reason I ask is because my opthalmologist really didn't know too much about it until I told her that I looked it up and I seemed to have the symptoms--at the time tied to my menstrual cycle--then she said that that was what it was, after looking it up herself. My eyes are very glassy looking and droopy right now. So the artificial tears really help?
    • Posted

If you keep using the drops it will improve greatly I use mine thru out the night at times as well so they don't dry out otherwise it feels like I've rubbed glass in my eyes so painfulsad
    • Posted

It's funny you should ask that,my eyelids are getting very sore πŸ˜‚X
  • Posted

Yes it is menopause should be discussed because us ladies need to learn and talk about how we can handle our symptoms we need information out there for the younger ladies too as they get older they will know what to experience with menopauseΒ 

Its not in our heads its just our hormones being up and down

• Posted

That is an understatement. Β I was disappointed with my OBGYN. Β 

Β 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.