menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've not had a monthly since April could this be perimenopause I also suffer with aching joints and tender breast

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You should be happy.  I will my menses would stop. My menses is so heavy to the point that my hemoglobin drops low to the point of blood transfusion.  Sore Breast happens with most women it has to do with diet intake.
    • Posted

Hiya ellen my iron drop aswell this year it was dwn to 2 had to have tranfusion coz of me monthlys I had before they stopped I had abit of spotting after tranfusion aswell but no more but I have the signs if I'm coming on aswell most so with breast been sore
    • Posted

Oh wow your hemoglobin was 2.  That seems like too low.  at a level that low what was your symptoms?
    • Posted

I went for routine blood test on the Monday giot phone by t time but didn't know how bad it was I was just tired all the time eating icepops I blame me it all on me monthlys I was really heavy and passing big clots it totally wiped me out plus I was doing 12 hour shift also eating loads and out of breath badly could even walk up the stairs or walk fast
    • Posted

Yes mam I am aware of these horrible feelings: every month on my menses I get short of breath, palpaitation, can not walk up steps, eathing ice.  I wish my period would stop for a few months.  I cant enjoy life as much anymore.  since your menses stopped have your hemoglobin gotten better?  

• Posted

How old are you Linday66?
    • Posted

I am 49 and 50 next month.  My period has always been heavy but not like it has been in the last year.  My breast is always sore I have to tell my husband to be easy on the boobs lol.
  • Posted

count your blessings.  do you have more energy now to exercise?
    • Posted

Yer more energy but I don't exercise lol don't enough walking at work with working in a care home
    • Posted

so you gave up one thing and inherited another symptom: soreness in Breast.  I think you can probably wear a tighter bra to contain the soreness?
  • Posted

Hi Lindy you could be in the menopause. If you haven't had one by next April you will be in the menopause. You won't know until you've missed a whole year.

I did ache a bit and my breasts were more sore and felt fuller.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Aww thanku it helped a lot be glad wen it all over don't like this old age stuff x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.