menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Plz can someone help I've not had a period since April last year then all off sudden boom I start to have a monthly been having stomach pains and tender boobs for few weeks and is I've been perimenopause for a while now

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Since April 2015? You are not considered in menopause until you haven't had a period for one year. Toward the end, however, you can go for months without one and then bam, there it is just when you thought it was over. It was like that for me for a couple of years. When I missed 3 periods, my doctor told me to call. They would call in progesterone and that would cause me to start. Eventually, I took it and didn't start. So I was considered in menopause when it had been a full year.
    • Posted

I was praying I wouldn't have any more was so looking forward for April and now I gave to wait longer but on the plus side at least my boobs not as tender and don't feel bloated no more only thing I'm trying to come to turns with is the anxiety that the worse anyway thanks for reply back x
    • Posted

Yes you get to start counting all over again. Isnt it fun??!!
  • Posted

Yes they do that and just when you are thinking that's it this time they're back!
  • Posted

Hiya!! Welcome to my world!! Im in peri have no periods for months then a huge one!! But like you its my boobs!! They are so very painful at times I cant even hug anyone without my eyes watering!!. I have had checks by 3 doctors and they seem happy its just my age etc but ooo they hurt like hell. Going back to see nurse next week though too. Have you tried getting a properly fitting bra? I have and it does help alot.

I dont know your experience love but I do have days when they are OK-ish but this last few weeks its been truly awful -especially my right breast. I keep checking (which doesnt help continually prodding and squeezing myself I guess!!!) but i can't help it. I get so anxious things are wrong. I am due a mammo in April so hope that will be ok. My last one 2 years ago was ok. Have you asked for screening? Im sure you are perfectly fine but peace of mind is everything when you are in peri.

I hope i have reassured you hunni and hope you will feel better soon. We are all in it together so remember you are not alone and if you need to keep seeing your doc for reassurance ok? Take care. Luv lou xxxx

• Posted

My right boob was the same but not as bad now I've had monthly so glad I don't feel so bloated now just wish it would make it mind up either going to have monthly or not coz last year I was very anemic and had to have ferritin tranfusion twice and wen I m on monthlys it worrys me just incase it gets low again and thus causes me yo have anxiety aswell fed up at times xx
  • Posted

Pretty sure you're still in peti. Back in early 2015 I thought I was in full menopause cause I was period free about 10 mos. Then boom in June I got a full period and then consecutively had them for about 4 mos. after that. Then come this past Oct.they stopped again. So 3 almost 4 mos. into 2016. I'm praying 8.5 more mos. and I'll be in menopause. But I'm not holding my breath on that one. This peri. is a real trip.
    • Posted

Aww I can't stand it no more now maken my self bad with worry with all this pain down below left hip hurts and now I'm avin loose stools some day fine and then I'm not thinking something wrong with me all the time even wen I had a transvaginal scan womb and ovaries were fine just lining abit thickened 😢😢😢😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.