Menopause

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi ladies..can anyone explain to me the anxiety that comes from nowhere with perimenopause.I was on anti depressants. .the doc told me I was depressed. .but I couldn't understand it..always been in control of everything. .they helped a little but I always felt more anxiety in the middle of month then doc increased it..started hrt and anti d it seemed to help..now I'm off anti ds ..feel fine sometimes ...then anxiety hits me..went to see gynaecologist off my own back as doc wouldn't give me a higher strength. .explained my symptoms..he has prescribed livial..but apparantly I can't start it till I have finished this pack..I have two week s to go..I've made an appointment with doc but not sure why..I'm stuggling..xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Charlotte, your symptoms are so common in perimenopausal ladies. Some need HRT as well as anti depressants to sort it out. Sometimes it takes a month or so to sort out which combination of drugs will suit you best so dont despair. If one doesnt suit,another one will.   Once you are on a steady course you will be fine. Dont worry,but take your time to get it sorted. It will get better.
    • Posted

Hi marina..thank you so much for replying to me..I just get so down..I don't know what to do..I have so much going on..I feel I can't get through it..xx
  • Posted

Please believe me ...you are not alone in suffering these symptoms. Some women sail through this time with no problems at all. Some suffer and keep quiet and some just crumble. Any one of these is normal and individual to you.  Do you have any friends or work colleagues in your age group you could get talking on the subject.   It only takes one to open up the subject to get all sorts of ideas and it usually is good therapy as  it often means you can all have a laugh at your symptoms. 

Are you in UK?

If you are on Facebook there is a closed group..ie totally private for ladies like you.

• Posted

Where does panic come in..it's ridiculous. .I have never been like that..3 children all grown up ..xx
    • Posted

Its all normal Charlotte. Those hormones are fluctuating all over the place and affecting everything.     Dont worry,it does pass but in the mean time do talk honestly to your doctor,and dont think you are failing in some way if you take medication.  You are not going bonkers,although sometimes it may feel that way.  You will be fine .   
  • Posted

Its no problem to listen and chat.

I suffered horrendously so I know exactly what you are going through. Luckily I had a very sympathetic GP who tried all sorts of combinations of antidepressants and hormones before I felt normal again.    In fact I felt better than normal!   But each lady needs a tailored plan to fit her. You must not give up...keep on going to that GP until you feel better....they are quite used to it.

• Posted

Thanks marina..went back to Gp. .started anti ds again ..to see how I go..back in two weeks..I'm just tired of feeling this way..xx
  • Posted

Give those anti-Ds time to work...usually 2 - 6 weeks at the least. A dry mouth is a common side effect. I was given Imipramine at first 4 a day then gradually lessening the dose. Can take quite a while so stick with it.  If you have any side effects you cant cope with...go back to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.