menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm after abit of information please

My mother is 69 years old only found out last week she's been bleeding for the past 3 years and she hasn't told anyone

After talking to us she's been to doctors and has had a biopsy and waiting for results to come back

Its now 5 days later no results back but a letter from hospital saying she's to have the camera down below but not while next month

I'm really scared because I'm petrified it could be cancer

Will she find out the results the day she has the camera down?xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Generally the wait for results from a uterine biopsy is 14 days minimum (I had one done in June) it's because it is throughly tested not because of staff or lack of funding in the NHS even private patients have to wait. My letter never arrived by post for nearly 4 weeks but you can get your mum's doctor to call up the hospital clinic around 14 days to give the results verbally / chase up results.

I know it's a worry but take some reassurance that most gynae's have an idea when taking the sample if there is anything to worry about, so the camera being booked the next month is in line with what they have seen during the biopsy.

Women, hormones & our biology are no joke as I have discovered but keep talking on here it's been very reassuring for me

• Posted

Sorry to hear about this am sure d camera wod giv a better lite on her issue an a may b just a simple fix..say. a prayer an everything wod b ok...
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply think she's so scared cos her sister in law dies of cancer 4 year ago xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear about this am sure d camera wod giv a better lite on her issue an a may b just a simple fix..say. a prayer an everything wod b ok...
  • Posted

My mum had a period aged 78 and went in for a D&C, never did find out what caused the problem but obviously it wasn't cancer, she lived on to 91 and died of something else.  I was scared too, but it rarely is cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.