menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I am so so fed up going through menopause .so much has happened started meno 8 months ago and split up with my husband 4 months ago due to all feeling has gone.I am on livial and it has improved my moods but my sex drive is totally dead .although I date my husband to see if my feelings return.I feel nothing towards him .I have even tried my little rabbit but nothing I have spoken to my meno nurse who said it might be that my sex drive will never return.I feel so down now and along with that I am piling on the weight .what can I do

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Same happened to me. I took and turned toward giving/relating in ecstasy and no expectation of receiving just experiencing how wonderful it feels from love felt giving specially to your significant other. (S) and Saint Im not but I found i was pleasured far more..than a few second orgasm. ♡jude
  • Posted

This also happened to me but lucky my husband trys to understand its very difficult in a marriage to make things work between you both bless ya I hope things work out for you soon
  • Posted

Don't listen to her.  That can't be true.  My parents were having sex into their 80's.  

Start with your diet and nutrition.  Acess if you are eating properly and getting the extra nutritients for meno.  Take magnesium.  Vit D. Vit C.  Bananas for potassium.  Naturally review supplements with your doctor so you won't have any comflicts with any meds.  

Daily exercise will fit your mood.  Meditation is helpful.  You can watch You Tube videos on meditation.  

Tell your husband you love him but you just need to cope with this until you are in the right track again.  

There is so little research on  women and meno its just a crime.  Be your own best advocate.

• Posted

Have you tried Maca root? You can google its benefits but I have heard from a few women on here how it has helped them with balancing their hormones and improved their sex drive. I have used it in the past but had to stop because it interfered with something else I was taking but do your research and give it a try. It may help you.
  • Posted

You are not alone and keep thinking positive . Most men don't educate themselves for them to know when their moves are going through natural changes. I am going through perimenaupasal and I don't have feeling for my partner. I want him to understand that how I feel and it is not about me not wanting him. Look for someone to talk to or you are going to lose your mind. Good luck and talk to your best friend.

• Posted

I didn't have a sex drive for my significant other then husband well before I hit perimenopause which was in my 20's and 30's so thankfully I'm divorced now or I would really be in the dog house! Before a serious ankle injury in 2012, I worked out like crazy and still no sex drive so not sure if being fit affected by sex drive

• Posted

Colleen, exercise causes endorphins, adrenaline and testosterone to be released which is a potent combination for sexual arousal. Yet, too much exercise can have a negative effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.