menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

GOD, I HATE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Maria....me too! How long have you been going through perimenopause?
    • Posted

I truly believe I started having symptoms 2 years earlier. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. Perimenopause was not even on my radar. Then I started having heavy bleeding with lots of clots. Strange body pains, exhaustion, mood swings, hot flashes, horrible night sweats. Started getting periods that lasted an entire month long. I finally started thinking I am going through the change. Went to my Gyn doctor who is a man. He insisted that I was to young.

Fast foward 2 years later, Bam!, Menopause. My symptoms have coming like a runaway train, since June of this year.

• Posted

Im sure you were going through this 2 years ago as well. You know yourself. I went to 4 different doctors before I was told that it was perimenopause......so your doctor was probably wrong lol! I have also suffered like you except no hot flashes (I think) lol! Sometimes I get a warm feeling but I think am I doing this to myself. Ugh! My Mom never had hot flashes either......so maybe I will be the same. One can hope right?! Lol! Hope you are having a good day. Take care smile

• Posted

So do i hun,im at my wits end,so tired x
    • Posted

I just wanna quit work and i cant,its such a struggle every day x
    • Posted

Hi debbie,

Hang in there, don't give up. Do everything you can to take care if yourself. Go to your doctor and demand help. I feel like you on some days. Others days I feel better.

Does your doctor perform blood test to see where your hormones are at? If not change doctors. Find someone who will listen to you.

Better yet get an older female doctor who has been through it also.

Do everything you can, change your diet, take supplements, do some exercise, even when you don't feel like it. Find support groups. Just hang in there. It eventually has to get better.

• Posted

Thank you for your support i am just so unhappy as im so tired physically all the time x
    • Posted

I get the feeling that you suffering really bad.
    • Posted

Have you heard there are menapasal clinic may be worth googling seeing if there one on your area

• Posted

Yes Debbie hang in there.....it will get better! It has too! I feel better off and on so I know that there are some good days. Keeping busy is key so start light walking like Maria mentioned. It does help. Praying for you
    • Posted

Surround yourself with people who listen. Try watching movies and shows that are funny, that make you laugh. That is what I do now. I used love horror movies, but now I can't tolerate them. Maybe because of my haywire hormones. Don't give up.

Use this website for support. Everyone here understands.

• Posted

Ah bless ya maria,unfortunately it doesn't seem that my loved ones understand and i feel im being a pain in the backside its a horrible experience x

• Posted

Hi Debbie...i am the same. Worked today and just wanted to cry i felt so tired achy flat...you name it. Been ok for a while but its back. I cant take hrt either...gave up coffee and that helped a bit but sick of feeling sick.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Janine,its somehow comforting to talk to people who are feeling the same,people at home and work colleagues don't understand how bad it is x

• Posted

One tip that my mum gave me that I'm thankful for is to do a little chore and then sit down. Don't try to do too much at once. Do the chore that is most important to you. Then have a rest/treat, biscuit/cup of tea, watch tv for half an hour. It will give you a sense of achievement. Treat yourself to a massage now and again. Make sure your vitamin levels are up. Get B12 checked. Feroglobin is a good for iron and B12. A little fresh air now and then will help. I have felt like this too. I had two new baby grandchildren either side of Christmas and no energy to help my daughters. It will get better. Hugs to you xx

• Posted

Well i got through work again. Spent most of the day spaced out and tired. Felt very flat in my mood too. I had this a few months ago but now its back again. Unless you have it i dont think others really get it.

Its like when i had severe morning sickness.

NOTHING worked....I threw up 15 to 20 times a day....and people would say have a cracker or sip water....i couldnt even do that.

Obviously hormones arent my friend lol

• Posted

Sorry girls I wasn't taking into account of the fact that you have to go to work when I made my silly suggestions for coping above. 

• Posted

Hi Maisie...don't be sorry. They were great suggestions anyway. Any advice helps nowadays. I work part time and find it usually takes my mind off it but when its bad I struggle to keep it together. When I am at home I pace myself....i do something then rest then do another chore. I also give myself a time limit....after that its me time and i relax and watch tv or have a nap. I am a great napper nowadays lol

• Posted

I take hrt and it dosnt help, THe consultant suggested trying Galapentine. it is give to people that cant take hrt to stop flushing google it  and see what you think about it
    • Posted

I love napping! I plan for it, only way I can get out of bed in the morning!
    • Posted

Is it sad that when I make my bed in the morning I already look forward to getting back in at night. I looooove my naps. In fact its a rainy Saturday afternoon here in Qld and I am tucked up on my bed watching tv...and I am going to nap soon. I went out to a 50th a while ago at night....and all I wanted to do was go home and get into bed with a cup of tea. My bedroom is my sanctuary smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.