menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi iam 60 years old and starting to get symptons of the menopause can i go on HRT as last period was 56 doctors saying no any help please on what to do

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi gelster, first I must say how late in life to start these horrible symptoms you have to make that decision yourself to go on HRT I did try only for 3 weeks and stop to scared to have such a powerful drug like that in my body, but some people I guess are ok some have problems

im not taking nothing and going through it natural as possible I think I have it moderate still having the odd period ever so often...they are alternatives too  I heard people been on you could ask the girls on here they would advise you more then I can, your periods stop at 56 looks like with no symptoms and now your having trouble sorry to hear

i hope it disappear as quick as it comes soon you are Post Meno so I guess with time you will be back to yourself, try to do what's best for yourself and prayer it helps a lot because God bless s in control and the best medicine you can have hugs for you.

• Posted

Hi thanks maria i would rather to natural iam scared of hrt but not sure what to have for herbal maybe i should send out another report (is it called kind first time on here trying to work out how it works hahah but thankyou
    • Posted

Hi again did you had any symptoms during your periods cause it look to me you just started anyway it will stop.
    • Posted

No not really just the normal pmt but started at 10 finished at 56 so fairly long time but finished apparantly menopause 4 years ago but as i know estrogen can gradually diminish am i right
  • Posted

Gelster,

Wondering what reason the DR gave for not putting you on HRT?

• Posted

said i wasnt in my menopause even thou havnt had blood test you know what its like now
  • Posted

Menopause starts a year after your last period. If your last period was at 56 then that is when you "started" menopause. Menopause can last for years.

• Posted

really lotti 1966 so i could actually have hrt then ? or anything herbal somebody just mentioned a magnet which sounds quiet good
  • Posted

I would get a 2nd opinion. A Dr wouldn't say you can't do HRT without telling you why. There's a hundred reasons why you may not be able to but it should have been explained to you.

Nothing gets rid of the side effects of menopause completely unfortunately but there is a lot of good advice on here.

Just knowing that I'm not alone in what I'm feeling has helped me tremendously.

• Posted

dead right helps to talk it kinda comes and goes
  • Posted

What all symptoms are you dealig with Gelster? I'm 59 with too many to list! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.