Menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been having symptoms for 2 years.  I no longer drive on highways.  I feel so off balanced with neck aches and palpitations.  Just want this to br over with so badly.  I also have those long sleepless nights. It's helpful to know that I'm not going crazy!  Just wish there was something to help.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way . Today I had a headache( pain of my face )  and neck pain  and was hard at work and palpitations as well,  my doctor said no perimenopause there is no such thing you have to missed 12 month of you menstrual period. I am already miss a month of period and I'm 47. 

• Posted

Actually once you miss an entire year, you are menopausal.  I think during perimenopause, you have irregular, heavy or missed periods.  Also if you're on any meds, check those too, because they can present the same symptoms.

• Posted

Do you find not being able to sleep makes it worst? My Husband snores and sometimes I have to leave the bed and head down to my family room to try and get some shut eye.

I also notice my symptoms are worst in the fall when the weather starts to get cold

• Posted

Insomnia is the worst of symptoms, ever. I can deal with anything, but not insomnia. 
    • Posted

Amitriptyline! I sleep like a log. Through all the night sweats too. My hubby tell me in the morning that I was soaking wet in the night . Wakes him up but not me.
  • Posted

I have read that the average duration of perimenopause (the years leading up to menopause) is 4 years. It is usually 2-8 years but for some it can be as little as a few months and for others quite a number of years. But we have a choice - there are many options to ease the symptoms. My mum and all my aunts were put on HRT - that was normal in those days. Now we know more about the risks associated with HRT and we can make our own decisions based on our judgement of the risks vs the benefits. And there are alternatives we can consider and plenty of information and advice available to help us make our decisions.
  • Posted

My main moan is why do the period have to get HEAVIER! I mean the ovaries are supposed to be slowing down. Why don't the periods gradually get lighter? I can't contain them. That wakes me up, blood running out onto the bed because the massive nightime sanitary towel is full. I have to use those things you put under the sheet for toddlers in case they wet the bed!

• Posted

They get heavier because progeserone is diminishing. It is the effect of less progesterone in your body.
    • Posted

Yeah, I know the science. Just having a general moan about it.
  • Posted

Perimenopause are the years leading up to menopause.  These are the years of hot flashes, sleep disturbances, night sweats, irregular periods, heart palpitations, weight gain, sore joints, anxiety, depression, etc.  Menopause is only one day.  It's the day that you've gone one whole year with no period.  After that day you're post-menopausal.  Unfortunately the entire thing is termed "in menopause" so it gets confusing.  I went through nine years of perimenopause.  Menopause was October 6, 2015 for me so I'm almost two years post menopausal.  Things have finally settled down now that I am post menopausal.  You'll get there too.  The only things I'm dealing with now is the weight gain and some broken sleep.  Some women like my mom sailed right through perimenopause and menopause.  Their periods just slow down and stopped.  They are the lucky ones.  Hang in there.  You're going through the worst part.

• Posted

Are you still having your periods regularly or have you completely stopped? If it is peri-menopause or menopause, you may want to try a Progesterone Cream and see if it helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.