Menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last 9 weeks I have been nauseous and vomiting,then for a couple of days back to normal. I told doctors I thought it was hormonal,yet even the female doctors didn't agree. I am going for an endoscopy next week,but the messages here give me hope that I was right.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison - agreed, 90% of the times ALL GP's are ignorant with regards to the SO many symptoms of peri. You know your body, you know what you feel and you know that what you feeling does not feel normal. It is still good to check out other symptoms and still go for the endoscopy. If it comes bck normal - you know this is hormonal. For some reason IBS, bloating nausea and vomiting can be hormonal related. I have suffered from these for a while now and IT IS caused by the hormone imbalance.

Also read the 66 symptoms of peri-menopause, these too confirm stomach ailments when in peri.

Good luck with your endoscopy.

• Posted

HI ALISON   I've been exactly the same.  I ma 3 years post menopause and foe the last 2 months have been feeling nauseous.  I don't want to eat and have gone off all the usual foods that I like.  I'm sure it's menopause x

• Posted

It feels just like when I was pregnant,I have a strong aversion to some smells and hate tea and coffee. The weight is dropping off me. I will be interested to see what the endoscopy shows,but I find it unbelievable that doctors don't think it's hormonal!

• Posted

Hi Alison

I said exactly the same thing to my husband last week...”I feel like I did when I was pregnant “. I have had that awful nauseous feeling that just stays there all day. I haven’t been able to do anything because I have felt so woozy. I have gone off all my usual foods and have not been able to eat meals. Don’t fancy any food and haven’t been able to cook! Food doesn’t taste right. All of these symptoms remind me of being pregnant x

• Posted

Do you still have your gallbladder?  Could be that and it is also affected by our hormones

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.