Menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i havent had a period for about 3 or 4 years and this morning was surprised to have a show of bright red blood. My tummy hurts like when i used to have periods.

I have read some of the other discussions and realise this is pretty common.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its pretty scary after not having periods for so long then suddenly out of the blue this happening. Ive just turned 50 and have been on hrt for a few years now which has been a real help. I wonder whether its a surge of hormones that my body has gone into shock. I sadly lost my mum 8 weeks ago which i feel i have been coping with considerable well. Our bodies are strange things and can react i suspect to hormone changes.

• Posted

Sorry about your mom.

I don’t know if that could bring on a period after so much time in meno, seems logical, but I’d still call the doc and go get checked. 

• Posted

How old are you Lillyrose? Just maybe you wasn't even through menopause like you thought even though your periods stopped awhile same happened to me my was like 2 years or a little over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.