Menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi . I had a complete hysterectomy in March 2016. Cervix, and uterus but kept ovaries. Plus a cystocele and rectocele. Felt like crap from surg. Had hormone test in May 2017

FHS 2.7 , LH 3.2 Oestradiol 3580

Then I had a couple weeks with hot waves and went back to gp to repeat hormone test in Oct17

FsH 85.6 , LH 62.8 , Oestraidiol <50.

I'm confused how can be such a large charge in 5 months. I'm worried incase something else has made it the change so quick rather than menopause. I'm having breast and under arm and groin pain. Which gp sending me to physio for as I had a clear mammagram in nov. Any help to understand blood numbers be good. Im 46 now with no flushes at all.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have also developed dry skin patches around my eyes and 1 on fore head ?

• Posted

Hi. Your FSH levels can fluctuate. I had mine checked recently and hey were 71. My doc said I’m in the middle of menopause. I have all the typical physical and emotional symptoms that accompany menopause. Good luck.
  • Posted

These figures are totally double dutch to us unless we are in the medical profession. I would stop befuddling your brain trying to understand what they mean because what is normal for one woman is completely abnormal for another. As your dr has arranged lots of tests for you, they must be quite understanding, so I'm sure that if you were in a situation where you needed any kind of meds to balance your hormones your dr would give you something. Try a good high strength menopause vitamin and plenty of B vitamins and also for breast tenderness a good high strength evening primrose oil capsule. Hope this helps you XXX

• Posted

Thanks for reply. Gp wanted me to go on hrt. But with breast ca in my family I not sure about it. Im taking evening primrose etc
    • Posted

Hey Barney, if you are suffering to the point that you cant function normally, your dr may well believe that the slghtly increased risk is worth taking in your case. Think about it logically your dr would be leaving themselves open to ruining their career and being sued for medical neglegence if they prescribed hrt for you when they shouldnt. I imagine you are suffering quite badly as I am. I am high risk for numerous reasons but I cannot cope without hrt my symptoms are just too many and too extreme so I agreed to take it for a while then wean off really slowly. Maybe the same regime is right for you! XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.