Menopause

Posted , 14 users are following.

So far, I have experienced, hair loss, hair growth in places, wth. Tremors, chills, hot flashes, confusion, did I mention hair falling out like snow? Hip pain, palpitations, insomnia, anxiety. I used to pray for menopause, little did I know it is like a box of chocolates, you dont know what you are getting from year to year. I will gladly take the period back!

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have all if these symptoms and more!! And I'm peri with periods..

Currently experiencing horrible fatigue and weakness.

Hope your symptoms improve x

• Posted

Yep all that here too Hunni plus my neck and shoulders continually aching and crunching coupled with quite dibilitating health anxieties always popping into my head. It’s so tiring isn’t it!!!

Sending hugs to all Peri/meno ladies and thank goodness for this forum!

• Posted

Oh yes I’m right there with you, I wished to have no more periods I said who needs it?? But then all the symptoms started popping up on a ridiculous rotation… And I would gladly like you said take periods back, although I still get them by the way I just mean that I guess I would take them forever instead of now, I have the health anxiety, the aches, pains, the fatigue, moodiness, headaches and any other symptoms that seem to show up  out of the blue. I’ve just found that trying to relax a bit, drink some tea at night and watch a relaxing type of TV show has helped a little and if it ever gets warm out I will resume taking walks which seem to help as well. Don’t hesitate to reach out someone is always here. Take care😊

• Posted

I still have periods too like clockwork! But like you said, YES I would gladly take them for the REST of my life, than deal with Peri symptoms and the health anxiety it brings me!! Omg I’d gladly have TWO FULL WEEKS of periods WITH horrid cramps all 14 days than deal with this LOL
  • Posted

Hi, yes to all of them.and yes I'd rather have the hassle of periods. The hair loss is the most upsetting to me. There should be so much more information on menopause,and we should be told about it at a younger age. It seems like nothing is said about it till it starts . There's not much information then either!then it's like we should put up and shut up because it's "natural".it's an ordeal that lasts years. I hate it.

• Posted

I have this too-- just depends on the day!!   I can sleep but there are many mornings that I feel exhausted.  I have a wart or something growing on the side of my boob and currently have duck tape on it to see if it goes away.  My periods are just awful so heavy that I'm in the bathroom a lot the first 2 days.   My hair has been shedding too especially when I shower!!  I'm currently doing some oil/egg treatments to make it stop!  This week something is going on where I just want to sleep and do nothing else-- hopefully next week I'll have a little more pep.

• Posted

Isn’t it lovely Karen???  It’s not that I don’t understand or have any sympathy for perimenopause.  But I’d take irregular periods back in a heartbeat. 
  • Posted

Hi Karen,I get these symptoms too,hot and cold I'm in menopause mind always on myself don't sleep it's horrible each day I prayer to come back to myself one day.I don't feel relax in the mind either.

• Posted

I have all this and more......and I still have my periods, but many professionals I have seen say it's peri menopause....the big grand finale before my period stops....I question if I have endometriosis, but finding a doctor in my area that specializes in this is like looking for a needle in a haystack......women that goe through this and only get a hot flash as a symptom are extremely lucky....I feel like my body is being tortured from my head to my pelvis....from and back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.