Menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

My menopause is doing proper nose dive,body aches,headaches are so bad just keep getting these horrible feelings in my head an so scared it worries me,then anxiety kicks in an then my life feels like falling apart😢

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Catherine what kind of feelings are you getting in your head? I have major “head” symptoms. As a matter of fact that’s my BIGGEST gripe with peri. 

It’s not always a headache though. Many times it’s just a “fuzzy/crawly” feeling in the back of my head, it’s hard to describe. Sometimes just like pressure but not “actually” pressure. It’s soooooo weird. 

Last year when it started I was sure I had brain cancer or a tumor or something. The health anxiety that goes along with any single little weird feeling is absolutely horrifying, I hate it. 

Today my issue is the “weird head”. Yesterday and the three days before that it was an actual headache, along with random chest tightness/fullness. 

Some legs pains and stuff like that too.

This was all at the end (last two days or so) of my period. 

It seems like there’s only like two weeks IF THAT of the month that I feel “good”. 

I feel your pain believe me.

• Posted

Oh I feel your pain..My head is not an ache but is if that makes sense,funny feeling aswell! My whole body aches most days,an my joints are a no go atm. I’m just trying to keep going,I haven’t had a period since 2010 n still goin throu all this. I pray every night I’ll wake up feeling amazing but still waiting..Hope you feel better soon str8tfan
    • Posted

Hi, Str8tfans, it's hormones messing around I have a funny head most days like wobbly moving ahead to feeling heavish..when I was peri it was crawling feelings and stinging it's awful I know.. Nothing is not really wrong with us,my mind is terrible with it all, all you can wish it will go away and no sleep helps on top that I think that what causes Anxiety because you get frighten,I have been in menopause now for 6 months no sign the crap leaving Lol

• Posted

Hi Catherine... The headaches and sensations are awful and can be scary... Changes in sinus during the change can also do the same...leaving pain in ears and junk in your throat. I suffered with awful headaches which began 3 years ago but they have subsided with time... I thought I was having a brain tumor at one point and gp was not much help.. but thank god they eased... I still get them but not as much... Drink plenty...keep hydrated. You are not alone with these symptoms ... CK
  • Posted

I can totally relate. Insomnia, palpitations, waves of nausea, back pain, shoulder pain, headaches and health anxiety that makes me feel like every twitch and tingle I am dying of some terrible illness. I'm 46 and entered perimenopause about 2 years ago when I was also diagnosed with a low thyroid ( I've heard that having both at the same time is common). I try to distract myself and not think about things but it's really hard.... I hope I can feel normal again one day 😔

• Posted

Hi Klm.... I can so relate to you .. I'm 47 and the same... But now I know when these things come, what they are related to so try not to get so anxious...

CK

• Posted

I can relate for sure!

My nightmare with meno started a year ago at 42. I was suicidal and I had too severe symptoms with almost regular periods!

The only thing that helped me almost immediately was the hormones. I felt like my old self again!

I think that I will stay on hrt for life. Our body cannot survive without our estrogen, the Mother Nature simply doesn’t need us anymore when we lose our fertility.

The more I read about meno and health problems due to the lack of our hormones the more I strongly believe that we just cannot live without it!!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.