Menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

So very hard.... I’ve hit a wall.... been so jolly happy upbeat my whole life .. now I wake up crying... no appetite lost weight... just the dread sadness gloom is kicking my ass... it’s horrible... I try so hard.. go to gym try to keep upbeat somewhat... Dr put me in Paxil 10 mg.. I just tossed those In garbage because of the horrible side affects... thinking of HRT.. any suggestions... i can handle the hot flashes... but the dread feeling omg..... anyone seriously go thru this feeling this bad... any natural remedies suggested.. I take black cohosh now... magnesium.. but the sadness kicks my ass... so sad

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I can absolutely relate Karen!

I was suicidal a year ago when I diagnosed with early menopause. I am 43.

Try hrt, it gave my life back! I was crying, thinking that my life had no meaning anymore, thinking about giving up my career...

I am a better place now! I feel like my old self again! 

• Posted

Hi Vicky..I was like you too and had early symptoms at 43 and awful... had to get on HRT. what all did you get put on that's helped you?? Just curious. I am on oral prog and small amt of T cream..

• Posted

I tried a few types and I am on Femoston 2/10 for a year now and no problems touch wood. Can I ask you Mary for how long can we safely take hrt? The breast cancer risk is my only concern and my biggest fear. 
    • Posted

So nice to hear your reply.... I actually just got home from gym and feel kind of normal and am thankful but.... know what’s ahead either this evening or morning... it’s horrible.... I think I may try Premarin or Duavive... my concern is cancer or stroke... I have a fluctuating BP but I’m in good shape...I’ve also heard of the Bio tdentical... it’s a tiny yam implant in your buttocks.. supposed to be close to natural not synthetic.. slow release... only need to change it every 4 months... I’m sorry u went thru this too but I’m happy at the same time to know there really are other woman out there... if I have any other suggestions I’d love to hear about them.. 
    • Posted

What is that ?? I am on bioidenticals and not on any Estrogen rt now..just Progetsrone and Testesterone .. so dont think have that risk with what i on?
    • Posted

Sounds like your doing it right Mary.. I’m not sure what I will do but it will be soon before I lose my mind.... I’m just can waiting for my blood work Re: thyroid results to come back.. then I have to get on something right away... I’ve nvr been depressed in my entire life... I’m at the point where I feel like there’s no return 
    • Posted

I’ve not heard of FEMOSTON 😊

• Posted

I had also never experienced 'depression' in my life like i have now.

Your not alone.

I had low moods that would last a day, and pms ofcourse but NOTHING like this.

x0x0x0

• Posted

It is hrt, cyclical type and contains estradiol and dydrogesterone, a kind of progesterone.
  • Posted

Yes Karen

been through the dread feelings, through the doom, its awful.

Here you will feel comfort in knowing this is a real phenomena that we experience during these times.

Some worse for women than others.

Ive been battling or a year and 4 months now, dark moods etc. i also never could tolerate the AD's but if they would have worked i would have taken them.

Im slowly turning a corner, but still in the thick of it. 

You will do the same.

x0x0x  how old are you now?

• Posted

I just pray after I begin HRT early this week my intense sadness will lighten up.... I can handle all the above but this depression feeling has to be the worst thing I’ve ever gone thru in my life.... waiting fir thyroid blood work etc to come back... I think I will begin Premarin (hrt) I’ve tried everything natural there is.. I’m 52 and recently had s little stress then all he’ll broke lose... so I know I have to keep away from stress as I’ve read it makes the menopause symptoms worse... I did hear turmeric can help added to everything... getting it today.. xx but my god what a horrible dark feeling.. I just cannot get over this....
    • Posted

I it will be good to get your Labs back so you can have that information.

yes the low moods or by far the most overwhelming and challenging thing about this whole process.

Why it effects us this is way is beyond me. I'm sorry that you feel this low I can only say I understand completely.

I always thought that turmeric was really good for inflammation and then maybe that helps with mood as well

• Posted

Thank you Maui blue for your replies... I really do appreciate... 😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.