Menopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

I’ve been going through menopause for 8 yrs now😢but lately my ankles,knees an hips are so painful,some mornings can hardly walk! Now my wrists n fingers kill..Has anyone else having this? Can’t go docs again be sick seeing me🙈 Thanks x

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh I hear yanks I'm 53, menopausal & have fibromyalgia. I was to the point of not being to walk most days by the knee & hip pain. Finally convinced my Dr. I was not looking for opiates, & she prescribed Sulindac. It is an NSAID, like Motrin or naprosyn, but stronger. Mostly prescribed for arthritis. It Rocked my World. I can walk! She also had me go to physical therapy & strengthen the butt & hips, my legs are strong. What a difference! I'm actually wanting to go back to work part-time, after 5 years of slowly painfully fading away. There is hope!

• Posted

How do you know it’s been 8 years ? I’m trying to figure out the timeline ? 
  • Posted

Hi Catherine, I have been having the samething.. especially my hips are so sore in the morning takes a couple hours to feel better and some days it last all day!!! It’s horrible and causing me anxiety.  I don’t know if it’s related to peri! I’ve been seeing a chiropractor and helping a little bit!! X
  • Posted

I have had so many symptoms with meno that it is ridiculous! I do not take any kind of hormone therapy though, as I am trying to go through this as natural as possible. I have had hot flashes, nausea, itching, spells where I lose my appetite, fatigue and so on, but my worst symptom has been muscle/joint aches and pains. I wake up some days feeling as if I have been hit by a truck! Even my hands and fingers ache! Just starts up out of no where, lasts a few hours to a couple of days, then wham!, it’s gone!
    • Posted

Gosh I never thought I’d say it but I wish I had meno aches and pains ! I’d take that over the mental torture of depression and fatigue any day ! 
  • Posted

Yep...I wake up achy in the hips, my ankles hurt too but as I move around it goes away. For the last two weeks my wrist has been hurting and causing my thumb to tingle off n on. I've also had to get a shot of cortisone into my heel for plantar fasciitis. I am sitting with a heating pad on my shoulder as we speak!! I pray that this symptom goes away soon...

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I also went through it for years. I had to support my right arm with my left because I couldn't bear the pain that the weight of my arm caused my shoulder. I convinced myself that I had bone cancer. I had to shop for my daughters wedding from a wheelchair because I couldn't walk due to my severe back and hip pain.  I also had a terrible burning pain on my skin (different places) I never knew your skin alone could hurt so badly! My wrists, fingers and elbows ached so badly I thought I had arthritis. I guess all this misery was caused by estrogen deficiency.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.