Menopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i am 42 & have been 2 years of no period. i have loss of appetite, nausea, light headed, hot flashes and anxiety. is this normal? how do you know what you are experiencing is due to menopause and not something else? I worry so much i think it magnifies my symptoms. anybody else experience this? i gained about 30lbs last year but now ive lost the 30lbs. I feel so depressed sometimes because im always tired. had a bunch of labs done over 2 months ago and everything is normal except the hormones responsible for periods. I have been diagnosed as being in menopause. Any advice or imput? I dont want to take HRT.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

to me there is nothing normal about feeling unwell everyday but according to most of the women on here it is due to lack of hormones which control alot of what happens to our bodies.im 3 yrs no period and i feel like i have really bad flu all the time..i wake with these flushes and feeling like im falling anxuety it even effects my breathing..imtold to hang in there. i refuse to take anything but recently was told a low dose of birth control pill might help..hang in there u are not alone

• Posted

thankyou for responding back and your kind words. are you going to take a low dose of hormones? im kinda scared too because i am in my 40s and i have only heard negative things about HRT when you get on it after the age of 35.

• Posted

Hi Jessica... No harm in trying hrt.. Its a lot safer now... The symptoms are can be awful... Right now as we speak I have palpatations ions and feel as if I am going to have a period even tough I've not had one for 10 years...

You are not alone so hang tight.. CK

• Posted

thank you @ CarolKelso for responding back. i am at the point of considering it. my body has changed so much within a year. the first year was just hot flashes and depression. now i have digestive problems, anxiety light headness and dizziness and anxiety. im so miserable sometimes. please pray for me. i have kids and sometimes its so hard to function

• Posted

The tummy problem were the worst for me... No one understands unless you are going through it... Did you Google the 66 menopause symptoms found at this site.. Do... Remember women in the late 1800s were sent to asilyums as they felt they were losing their minds.. At times I felt like my body was dying... Hang tight it does pass.. Your body is transitioning.... And I will of course offer a prayer for you... CK

• Posted

unfortunately all menopause related. a lot of us on this forum experiencing the same symptoms. Drs seem so uneducated about menopause and only want to dx us with anxiety and or depression. I'm 51, dizzy spells, fatigue for me, but if you read up on the 66 symptoms of menopause you'll see you are not alone. praying for you. don't worry, this too shall pass. xo

• Posted

66 symptoms WOW! this is crazy. i have been dealing with sinus probs and headaches for almost a month too. i had no idea the body goes thru so much once it enters menopause. i pray all this will pass.. thank you for replying back tracy01120

• Posted

it sure is crazy! mine started with a "lump" feeling in my throat that wouldn't go away. for almost 6 months I googled and had several Dr appt talked and cried to all my friends. Dr said anxiety. I've never ever had anxiety, never taken any medications. then one day while googling I came across "globus hysteria". game changer for me. I stopped stressing about what cancer I surely have and started relaxing, reading posts on this forum and am not longer experiencing the lump in my throat feeling. I've learned with menopause hormones can affect us in many many ways. my dizzy spells are not as frequent now yet the crazy dreams are still a nightly thing along with tired and trying to push thru n keep house kept. this too shall pass. xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.