Menopause, Ageism, and Anger

Posted , 4 users are following.

Men, and I think maybe younger people in general, seem threatened by a confident older woman. It's almost as if society dictates that we are supposed to feel somehow meek, timid and beaten-down because we are no longer 30-year old eye candy. I have so much more to offer as a person than I did then.

Sadly, there are very few enlightened men who seem to get that. Perhaps wanting a younger woman is simple biology, and can't be changed...

I'm not even single right now and I see this...

Women are afraid to tap into their anger, period. I can't control mine right now and while it's alienating to others, it also feels liberating.

Perhaps this is just the emotional junk we go through trying to face aging and get to the other side of menopause, whatever that is... Being a woman may be hard, but I would sure never want to be a man 😃

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't want to be a man either. I don't think they age well and are often 'needy' as they get older. The ones that I have talked with are very geniune and grateful to have an honest discussion about any topic. I also think some like the older confident woman who knows what she wants.. but then yes some are threatened by that as well. All types 'out there' that for sure.

• Posted

Yes I would stay single too!! Less problems, headaches, etc.... I'm married BUT if I was ever to be single I would want to keep my own place and stuff separated from his.. I think it's OK to have a long-term boyfriend or even date here and there.

• Posted

My BIL who is 58 has been married for 3 years to his new wife (55). They are both alike work out all the time--she has fake boobs, eyelashes, and probably hair too. He has had 'hair plugs'.. Who knows what other procedures they have done. I do know know that between the kids there are lot of problems and this is why second marriages often don't work. But really my thought is if an older man want a 20 something women, let them have eachother.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.