Menopause and allergies

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone in peri or post experienced hives, rashes, itchy skin? If so can you say if it settles post menopause? I'm 2.5 years into peri. Have horrendous itches and rashes if I eat certain foods. Sometimes for no reasons also.

Get dizziness, hot at night and at times literally think I am losing my faculties as I can't remember anything.

Anyone out there experiencing similar symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I developed food allergies in peri. Things no one is allergic to--bananas, papaya, onions...And more regular allergies like eggs. I get hives sometimes for no discernable reason, (I am pretty good at avoiding my allergens).  And I am randomly itchy on my neck and abdomen at least 2-3 times a week. Like leave the room to scratch like my dog itchy. 

I too have wicked brain fog.  And, if I get the peri anxiety, I also get dizzy and a kind of dissociative feeling. Like I am floating above, performing as myself but not being myself. .

Do you think you might have some mild, undiagnosed food sensitivities? Allergies? Like Gailannie said, rightly so, that the drop in our hormones is a systemic alteration that affects many of the body's processes.

I too would love to know if this settles post-menopause

So sorry you are suffering. But you are not alone. 

• Posted

I feel out of it most of the time and then anxiety too especially this time of the year.  I also feel like eating all the time which I don't like. I'm trying to lose weight!!   But I wanted to mentioned something about the the itchy skin.  Look into Cod Liver Butter Oil for itchy skin due to allerigies.   There is a certain brand that is fermented which is the best of the best.   I was dog-sitting in August and these cute dogs kept itching like mad-- it really drove me nuts but it was a time that I was researching this product and I remembered it was to help itchy skin..  I gave the dogs some and sure enough-- the itching stopped!!!  The owners were amazed and bought some to continue.  It could help you as well.

• Posted

yes for months i had the itching in fact i think it was over a year but that seems to have calmed down and now iveĀ got constant catarrh
  • Posted

Had and have the same thing for years. Tried everything...Still have it..Allergies were better with me taking Claritin everyday..I do not like to take anything but my allergies were so bad..I intutively knew they were due to hormones changing. Also, itchy patches would come out and more during different parts of the month. I took every oil and natural remedy for years, I still keep trying. Got a steriod creme finally and that helped alot but dont like to use that. I have had the same tube for a few years. I hope you know your not alone. I hope this goes away!! ohhh and yes...dizziness is the absolulte worse. That's my wosrt feeling. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.