Menopause and bloating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Suffer from gastric pains and bloating, I'm in peri, bleed every 3 wks, been to doctors so many times and it's all clear except for the gastric which have been with me sine I was 20 yrs old, I'm 49 now. I heard peri can do all these symtom

p

makes it worser? U

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kadija, I started to suffer with gastric issues when I first started my peri and ended up with gastritis which has flared up once in while since going through this menopause journey. I never had any issues until peri. I was told that peri and menopause can wreak havoc on our stomachs and can cause many gastrointestinal issues including reflux.
  • Posted

Unfortunately perimenopause does that and more!!! I'm having severe gastric issues right now that include bloating, nausea and no appetite. Do you have any issues with anxiety????

• Posted

Dear Donna

Before menopause I would get the odd heartburn but in peri got the nausea weight loss and gastitis! Recently had a bad stage of panic and anxiety, thankfully has subsided since taking magnesium! The gastitis thankfully cleared x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.