Menopause and brown bleed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 49 yrs old, my periods for the past few months have been just a few drops of brown blood....first it was for 3 days, then next month 2 days, now this month barely anything for one day only... Before that last year I was bleeding very heavy, suddenly the heavy bleeding stopped and I just get brown blood period. No spotting in between periods, I also have a fibroid 5cm. I started perimenopause 3 yrs ago.. Any advice please, is my periods going to stop altogether soon? Is this normal? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kadija.. I had a similar experience when I was in the middle of peri.. very short periods and then nothing for months.. If you are concerned its always best to see your doctor...
  • Posted

Hi Kadija, 

this is how periods have been for the last 6 months, I have had no red period,

mine have been Brown, lasting 3 maybe 4 days, and not really heavy either enough to go on to my pad!!

altough my last period was awful, had it for 7 days, again brown

• Posted

Hi. Shelly

I guess Im so Use to the heavy bleeding because of the fibroids. I suffer a lot from indegestion and from reading on this forum it looks like it's normals nd it's a part of menopause. Thank God for this group....

• Posted

Apologies iPad froze

so my last period was 7days again continuation of brown, I was poorly with this this time, felt faint and weak.....not at all right very unwell, so much so that I passed out at work!!!!!!, oh did go to the doctors to get checked out,and I was fine? But told to canal back in IF it was to happen again!!!!.

i have asked about this when I last went to the doctors and was told I nearing the end of periods!!!! IE: entering into the peri?

if you are concerned go and see a doctor? 

I believe this is whatbthey will tell you?

good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.