Menopause and burning feeling in feet

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone deal with their feet Feeling like they burn at times in menopause?  I never had this until the change in my hormones.  The other feeling I get that is bad is a goofy feeling at times of a vibration feeling in my brain.  Also a feeling of my brain is not caught up with my body movements which makes me feel like I’m falling to the floor.  So strange. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi nettie i am 42 years and I have all the peri symptoms my hormone came normal but my symptoms telling me im in peri , the  burning feet started last year in April it is being about 16 months along with joint pain ,headaches ,depression , and so many more ,  I was so scared at the beginning I couldn’t sleep from the burning feet and hands too ,and when I walk for more then 30 minutes they start turning red and hot ,it is getting better but I still get it ,I remembered I use have burning feet during my pregnancy so I guess it is due to hormone,and I slso have the brain not cought up with my body movement so no worries it is all due to hormones 🙏hope you feel better 

• Posted

Thank you, May, I sure appreciate your response.  It’s a scary time.  It feels good to know one is not alone. Again, Thank you!
  • Posted

Hi Nettie - is the burning on the Top of your feet?  Yes, I have experienced burning on the top of my feet, front of my calves, my upper back, neck & chest.  The burning chest & neck when it first happened sent me to the ER because it was so intense.  Many woman on this site have complained about the burning sensations/tingling & vibrations & I have even gotten “electric shock” sensations.  Your nervous system is very impacted from failing hormones it appears.  Take my word for it, Drs look at you cross eyed when you talk about it.  I have even been tested for a scary syndrome called Carcinoid Syndrome (don’t google it) fortunately I don’t have it. Try to just take a great B Stress vitamin & magnesium - good luck!

• Posted

Debra, no... it is the bottom of my feet.   Thank you for responding!  Nettie
    • Posted

I'm 55 now but approx 7 years ago I went through very burning on the soles of my feet. Thought it was my diabetes meds! This forum has been such a life save because I have experienced many of the symptoms including the heart palpitations about 3 years back and huge anxiety. Electrical shock sensation, no see-ems on my skin, tremors, raging hot flashes, fatigue. I'm hoping the worst is behind me. Have not had a period since January - except for a one day bleed about 3 months ago that dr believes was caused by one of my meds. Know several who have tried HRT. I am currently on an antidepressant in part due to a mini stroke I experienced earlier this year but it also helps with hot flashes and anxiety. Also CBD Hemp oil which helps with the aches, pains and sleep. Know you are in the right place for good information and reminders you are not alone. This forum and all the contributors are awesome. What I ve learned most is to remember to take care of yourself and be patient with yourself.

• Posted

Well, I had it on my head. My head would feel as if it were burning hot I would take a bag of ice and place it there. Ice packs have been lifesavers for me. If it feels as if it's burning hot I place a pack of ice on it. I do the same thing for hot flushes.

• Posted

Can you feel that weird brain feeling at the surface where the brain is located? I got a tightening,  jumpie feeling like pulling and movement its hard to describe because when it happens I get REALLY bad freaking out and anxiety with it and go immediately into panic mode!
    • Posted

Crosado,

Yes, in fact today is a bad today big time!  Creates panic and anxiety in me which leads to dizzy and balance problems. Can’t sit still because too anxious.

• Posted

I know exactly what you are saying! What I do is try my very VERY best to get into something like I play WOW  World of Warcraft  (at 61 years old) I love the 3D world and DOING the quest and fishing and the adventure anyways I get lost in game until I ride the symptoms out the more I freak out with it the worse it is and the more dizzy and lightheaded and panic I get. 
    • Posted

I just had a thought after I already posted about WOW. It would be nice if everyone on the list that would like to play or learn we could play as a menopause group  as therpy per say. Like you can party up with each other and chat while play its really fun and adventurous and you can do quest together which is good for the mind as brain excerise. Its got beautiful worlds in it and well so life like and calming water falls waters swimming you can do and tons of other stuff. If anyone else plays it or decides too my charater name is Pixc and the server I am on is Earthen Ring . Its the only awesome game we could all get together and play maybe anyways just thought I throw that out there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.