Menopause and elbow pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on Livial Tiberlone for some 3 years. Immensely helped my sadness and anxiety, night sweats, hot flushes and libido. Suddenly my elbows have become so painful, almost unable to lift hair dryer, or a pan to pour into another. My thumb joints have been sore for some time but managed to ignore to date. Love any advice please? 

Thank you 🙏 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had this. Last October to December my right elbow pained, just came on all of a sudden, had to keep working with it like that, I never told anyone but it hurt so bad I felt like crying, even in the middle of the night the pain would wake me up, then in January it disappeared, like I never had a problem. Then in March it started in my left elbow, in the last few weeks its gone.

I don't really have specific advice, but I kept working because I have to (which involved lifting and pulling/pushing heavy things ) and kept up my daily yoga routine and just ignored the pain and believe me it hurt.

I give up trying to figure all these syptoms out, the anxiety attacks and low moods already took a few years from me and messed up a few things...so I definitely am not letting pain or anything else get me anymore.

• Posted

Hi I have been on h r t for over 3 year following a hysterectomy I am 52 all was fine until about 5 months ago started with dry mouth and then elbow and hand pain I have had numerous blood tests which have all come back negative thyroid is normal it does seem to be quite common I do stretches and take pain killers when needed hope this is helpful x
  • Posted

Hi, I suffered with elbow pain a couple of years back lasted for months, I have now had shoulder neck pain for Approx 6 months which is driving me crazy, in Peru at mo, periods erratic also long stretches without ten back with avengence, I have lower back and knee pain which had turned out to be arthritis,?im 52 and feel like 92 at the moment, in the last week my elbows have started again, so painful and achey, so I guess here we go again with the pain for awhile... like the previous responder I just have to get through it I only take pain killers when it’s excruciating 😖, I feel for you, this Peri is dreadful.

Much love .

• Posted

Mine started with  right shoulder pain about a month ago, now it's moved to to my left shoulder and both elbows. My elbows hurt so bad I have pain just making my bed in the mornings. My fingers are also stiff and sore 

Just recently my middle right finger is sore and swollen.. I have started taking  Citracal w/Vitamin D for joint pain and I also drink apple cider vinegar which is also supposed to help with joint pain.

I hope you feel better soon.. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.