Menopause and hypothyroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anyone out there who is prescribed Levothyroxine and uses Menopace? I have an underactive thyroid and I'm currently going through menopause so i'm looking for an alternative to HRT to help ease the symptoms that are driving me mad. I've heard Menopace is good however I'm unsure of suitability due to my hypothyroidism. If anyone has any advice that would be really appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am post menopausal and on Levithiroxine. I am also in Estrace hormone cream and given ok by doctors. I just take the Levi in morning and Estrace at night. U should check with your doctors
  • Posted

I take both levo and menopace vitamins, with extra magnesium. No ill effects. Menoforce was amazing for hot flushes. X
  • Posted

Just make sure that you take your thyroid medication with water at least a half hour to an hour before eating or taking any other drug or supplement.  If you don't, food and other substances can interfere with the absorption of the thyroid med.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.