Menopause and Rosacea

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dear Peri/Menopause Warriors - Just curious if any of you lovely ladies have been diagnosed with rosacea or ocular rosacea during this lovely journey. i was just wanting to compare notes with anyone who might also have these issue - thanks a bunch

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi debra, I have rosacea too, it flares up on the side of my cheek at least i think it's from perimenopause . What is ocular rosacea? Never heard of it.. hugs to you in this journey, it's awful something new everyday

• Posted

I have it. I have noticed more incidents of itchy eyes. If I scratch my lids and around my eyes it gets red and swollen. But I have noticed I am more sensitive to skin reactions. I have used vitamin E around my eyes and night for decades suddenly it now gives me a reaction. Skin goes red hot and itchy.

• Posted

hi beth - do you also suffer from flushing? migraines? Do your eyes ever seem really bloodshot & feel like they have sand in them or you have a lot of sleep in them in the morning? if so, you might have ocular rosacea & should probably get it checked out - or you are correct, things are bodies used to tolerate can no longer tolerate. i am just trying to see if there is a correlation with the flushing & the rosacea -

• Posted

I haven't been diagnosed but I either have rosacea of some kind of acne flare up on my nose and one cheek. I don't think it is acne as my skin is dry, but I have never had acne before so I have no clue. All I know is that I didn't realise how difficult it is to deal with a spotty/red face and it's really affected my confidence. Do you find it hard to be sociable with it too?

• Posted

hi - do you find that your face/acne gets inflammed with either hot flashes/stress or certain food triggers...if you think the facial redness is bothersome, try the ocular rosacea.... i look like i was in an alley fight - Oy Vey!

• Posted

Definitely triggered by food and products. I am scared of putting anything on my face but I live in a cold climate and need moisturizer!

• Posted

i just use an ancient greek remedy oil i got on the internet - it doesnt have any chemicals in it & it doesnt irritate my skin - i have also heard that rose hip oil spray helps with rosacea -

• Posted

I use rosehip on my face funnily enough! If I use it more than 3-4 days in a row it creates another flare up. I will take a look at ancient greek remedy oil!

• Posted

Had to come back to this thread for any future readers as I have finally got rid of my rosacea after six months of it bugging me. I would not try this with ocular rosacea, but on my cheeks I used a combination of niacinamide and azelaic acid to clear my skin dramatically. The niacinamide worked on the real underlying rosacea redness within a few days. The azelaic acid took care of drying out any pustules and preventing other break outs. Topped off with some hyaluronic acid on wet skin to help with dryness, and in a month I have no signs at all of the horrid rosacea that was killing my confidence. I hated turning to chemicals, but the difference was so dramatic and The Ordinary products are at least cruelty-free and vegan!

• Edited

I suffered badly with rosacea my face was red swollen lumpy burning itching very painful indeed I had to pay to see a doctor she put me on antibiotics for 2 months to take the inflammation down internally along with prescribing topical medication metroderme and Finacea which was too harsh for me and

irritated my skin I then paid to see a Dermatologist out of desperation she put me on antibiotics much stronger and soolantra and miravso topical creams MUCH better advised me to cleanse with Bioderma micelar water and use Avene mineral water spray to cool and calm the face down recommended by her . i still use these i aslo use Bioderma AR BB cream as a makeup its amazing covers the redness im fortunate i could pay for this treatment as GP wouldnt send me on the NHS I have carried out years of investigation and there id no known CURE for this problem but it can be controlled . my face is clear but i had red veins so through my dermatologist i had laser treatment oh my goodness i have pale skin for the first time in many many years i still cleanse gently with the micellar water use the Bioderma creams mineral spray and KEEP out of the sun . the treatment was far too expensive in the UK so i had it in Portugal for a quarter of the price with a board certified Dermatologist {female} at my request i am so happy with my skin my confidence has come back it def got much worse in Menopause along with everything else mentally and physically . im not pushing for any products i am genuine I only wish id have had this help many years ago they treat us all as a lump .individual skin should be taken in to consideration . THE ORDINARY products very inexpensive NIACIMIDE AND ZINC keep my skin clear i mix with a non perfumed cream or can use around the nose area neatly which was my worst area neat .I also use their HYROLANIC acid products to help strengthen my my skin .I now get complimentsi have carried out extensive research on this problem to try and help myself as doctors dish out the same treatment for everyone and doesnt always agree as some of us have a bad reaction as it is too harsh .my husband is portuguese so could help me in Portugal .We live in the UK where each treatment/meds is unaffordable for me privately even if you try the ORDINARY products which are so affordable it may help you too

let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.