Menopause belly

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do any of you ladies have any suggestions on how to get rid of a menopause belly? I'm eating less and exercising more but this damn thing won't go away!!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim,

I was on my treadmill five days a week and not losing a pound, just maintaining my bulge in my belly area. I thought I was eating way more healthy and drinking more water but the belly wasn't going. It wasn't until I cut off my carb intake. I stuck to 72 or less carbs a day. Did some sit ups and lost 20 pounds in a years time. Now I don't have to do that treadmill and sit ups like I use to but still watch them carbs and I maintain my weight, belly about gone. Good luck!

• Posted

Wish I did!  I've been without a period for almost 2 years now but it is really just within the last 6 months that this weight has settled onto my stomach / mid section.  I hate it!  Nowhere else - just there.  My pants don't fit well anymore.  I've had to go up size in fitted pants/skirts. It's the worst. 

I have a good friend that recently lost 30 lbs because her middle was making so depressed.  Her body looks amazing but I have to tell you her face looks so gaunt.  She looks older now with the weight loss.  

You just can't win!

• Posted

Hi Klm… lipo suction !!!! LOL...I am the same … little pot of belly that wont go anywhere!! What can we do eh..

CK

• Posted

Hi Kim. Yes the dreaded menopot!! I look much better with my cloths on!! I have a tire around the middle and I hate it. I eat pretty well and walk everyday. Trying to except this,and I agree with the other post lipo!! I'm not going to wear a bikini at 50,but I would feel better with this but gone. Sorry not much help.

• Posted

I have it too and it's gotten bigger these last 6 months.   It's inspiring to hear that women are able to get it down or lose it.  I don't feel like I eat many carbs but maybe I should look into it.  Or even higher protein meals.  My friend did a very strict 2 week diet with mostly eggs and her belly is gone too.

• Posted

Hi there, Google Garcina clean. It is a weight loss aid that targets belly and upper arm fat and a side effect of it is that it helps ease menopause symptoms. They do a free trial then you have to pay for it but it's no more expensive than a good quality menopause supplement. X

• Posted

This is interesting and worth a shot.  I usually don't 'buy' into stuff like this BUT I am getting desperate.  The reviews seem good and may try for a month or two.  This could give me a boost that I need.

• Posted

It has definitely made a difference to me, and I'm very careful about what I take due to having so many prescribed meds, but as this is an all natural product made of a fruit, I don't believe it can harm, and my meno symptoms are definitely more tolerable. Give it a go and let me know how you do. XXX

• Posted

It hard to get rid of weight after a certain age 40s and 50s. I'm 53 and I decreased my stomach size by doing an insane amount of sit-ups everyday. I started with 50 but I ended up working my way up to about 200 or so. 100 in the morning and 100 before bed. I don't do them anymore though ... I was 50 years at time, but my stomach muscles changed slightly as my tummy is not protruding as much as the other middle aged women that I run into. I'm not sure how this will last though ... because I stopped doing them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.