Menopause changes in body odour (armpits).

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have you noticed any changes?

How do deal with them?

Best deodorants? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, just another symptom to add to the list.....as if its not long enough already!!!

Solution = having got one I'm afraid. I just change deodorant frequently in the hope I find one that works well. Resort to using my ol' man's at certain times!!

I make a conscious effort to pre-wash the armpits of all my tops too a the w/machine still struggles to cope with them at 50°!!

Just have to take my sister's lead and wear cotton/linen tops, take her fan out with her.....and a deodorant in her bag!!!

(Mitchem is ssupposed to be good - unless you're me!!) - the original Sweaty Betty!!!:-)

Sx

• Posted

Yes, just like when we went through puberty, there is a phase where body odor is Unique at best. I used a "prescription" strength deoderant after my daily shower. I also ordered and tried a stainless steel bar (the ones used for hands to remove onion/garlic smells) it helped to get rid of odor prior to applying deoderant. That phase came and went pretty quick for me. Who knows if it'll return-sure hope not!biggrin

• Posted

Yes, I definitely found this a problem and was going to the loos at lunchtime to wash and re-fresh deodarant.  Mitchum did it for me eventually.  Hope this helps .. the bad odour disappears .... my partner didn't notice it, if this helps, I think we notice it more, but that doesn't help our peace of mind.  Try Mitchum. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.