Menopause Clinics

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

i live in the South East of England 

i had full hysterectomy when I was 45 was given Estradern MX50 patches which suit me fine no side effects. Two years ago when I was 68the doctor refused to prescribe any more saying I had been on HRT far too long I have since suffered most of the symptoms hot flushes, mood changes etc have asked doctor several times about having my HRT back have been given beater blockers, anti depressants which I have only taken a few then thought why I am taking something I don’t need.

i am now 69 and still suffering, so much for the doctor telling it only last 3 months.  I am considering going to a private menopause clinic and was wondering if any of you lovely ladies had done this .  Was it a good experience and if you can recommend any in Kent South East that will be helpful to someone who is nearly 70.

Any thanks 

Annie

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annie,

I attend the menopause clinic at Chelsea and Westminster hospital, I know that two of the most senior consultants also treat privately - Nick Panay and Claudine Domoney - I've found both are excellent.  Try googling them regarding their private clinics?

Good luck!

• Posted

I would consider antidepressants and beta blockers dangerous medications.  In fact I had serious health problems when prescribed beta blockers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.