Menopause excessive sweats

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi am 47 and I had a hysterectomy at 26 over the last five years I had really severe excessive sweating its all over my body I have to change my clothes about 5 times a day am on Premarin 0.625mg tab but there not helping at all I even tryed taking 3 a day still not helping I no longer go out the house at all I really have no life with this can anyone help me please I also tryed odaban and Oxybutynin still nothing help plz plz plz help me

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, toddle off and see your GP and get him/her to check your thyroid levels, thyroid problems are not uncommon amongst ladies of a certain age, are easily treatable and cause excessive sweating, you really can't go on like this, let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

yes, it really is time to chat to your Doc, Susan. You have no life, staying at home all the time!

I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, and sweats have come on rapidly. Luckily I am outside walking dogs for my job, and am dressed in shorts and a vest top. So not so bad. But you need some help.

let us know how you get on. xx

• Posted

Thanks girl but I have been to my doctor but he doesn't seem to care I also have crohns diseases and four years ago I lost 6 and a half stone in 3 months am really sick of this I also hav depression I just can't take much more all the doc says is you

Never get back to 100 percent x

• Posted

Just saw something on tv about 'superfoods' and a woman said that kefir reduced her crohns disease problems considerably.

You might have to make your own.  Buy some 'seeds' from a health store, mix it with some sort of milk, let it sit on bench over night, drain and press through a fine sieve and you have a very strong probiotic yoghurt.  Reuse the seeds (sort of look like small bits of cauliflower after use) and start again.  I have used it for helicobacter pylori problems.  It was very effective.  And I find it yummy.

I had to stop using it 13 days before a test for HP as it suppresses the HP so much.

• Posted

Susan, change your hrt to a bio-identical one, e.g. with oestrodiol.
    • Posted

Susan, I could only give a quick response the other day but now I would like to expand on it.

I am shocked (but not surprised) that drs still prescribe Premarin.  It is one of the worst and troublesome hrt to use.  It was deemed bad more than 25 years ago, before I started using hrt.  Still am at age 64, never going off it.

It should be a criminal offence to prescribe this stuff made from horse's pee.  It is bad for you, insist on a bio-identical one made from oestrodiol.  Either patches twice a week, or daily gel rub.  Make sure you get the matrix one which slows down the absorption and you are not hit with a dose from the patch all in one go.

If drs are still prescribing Premarin in the UK, no wonder hrt has such a bad rep there.

• Posted

Hi Shery am so shocked with your reply????. I have not heard

Anything like that about Premarin was this in the USA or UK.

I must thank you for your reply and trust me I will no longer take another Premarin tablet I phone my doctor tomorrow and get an appointment with one of the other GP. We don't have any women GP at my practice but will defo go and see one of the other ones. I did have a great doctor who has retired now but he was great

all I had to do was lift the phone and he tell me to go down and

see him right away cos he new I never would go to the doctor or phone then unless I was bad cos I hated going there Thank you and I let you know how I get on

thank you Susan xx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi thank you for that I never new that about Premarin ivam going to stop it now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.