Menopause for 6 years. suddenly having terriable weak weird feeling.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Heart palpitations with hot flashes at night. Often a few times a day this weak numbing feeling will hit me all over my upper body sometimes my legs too. This will last 20 to 30 minutes. As soon as the hot flash comes that terriable feeling goes away. I have had a complete blood count 2 times all normal. tsh normal also hormones were at normal levels. Does anyone else experience this?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I sort of had that..turned out to be my back..radicuolopathy..just an idea.I had the weirdest sensations etc.This was during menopause.was horrible.
  • Posted

Ive heard heart palitations are common with menopause..but you might want to get it checked out..maybe a second opinion from a different doctor?
    • Posted

Thanks I've had a cardiovascular work up about 1 year ago. Everything was okay. This is a new thing. I plan to make an appt. with a endocrinologist soon. To make sure everything's okay with all my glands.
  • Posted

I used to have palpitations at night, they would last for hours. HRT stopped them, although I did still have a few 'flutters', during the day.
    • Posted

Can i ask what hrt you are on,im in the p rocess of deciding whether to take one.Also,hows it working for you?
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. I've only taken Estrace vaginal cream. 1 gram 3 times a week. Really help me have sex again. These palpitations just started up suddenly alway connected with a hot flash and always at night. I'm going to make an appointment with an endocrinologist a doctor that studies all glands in the body to make sure everything's okay.
  • Posted

HRT stopped palpitations and panic attacks, I took it for 6 years. I just take one a week now which reduces hot flashes.
  • Posted

Palpitations are scary especially when they occur in the middle of the night, I was happy to take HRT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.