menopause help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Not really sure where to begin...wasnt at all sure what was wrong with me until I started reading that my symptoms were connected to the menopause...Unfortunately I am experiencing the lot in some form or other...anxiety is extreme and panic attacks regular...moods are erratic..cant focus or think straight and there appears to be a sense of doom follows me around..I aslo suffer from severe heavy periods which take a lot out of me for 2 of the 4 wks of the month so am not in a very good place just now! I am generally NOT this type of person and am really struggling with all this but not sure where to begin

I was given HRT which I only lasted 3wks with as I began to take migraines again which I hadnt suffered from for a lot of yrs

I am really keen to try the alternative/natural route but I dont seem to be improving at all with what I am taking

If anyone hasnt lost the will to live reading this I am also being considered for hysterectomy which to me is a very viable option and would like to hear from anyone who has had the surgery and how it was for them

Many thanks

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not sure how old you are....I experienced similar experiences in my late 20s I had lyproscopic done to see what was wrong. With me they saw prolapse uterus and endometriosis. I had no choice because of prolapse uterus to have a partial hysterectomy. Pain and moods (anxiety, panic attacks) are worse. I would not consider hysterectomy if I didn't have prolapse. I only had uterus removed. I was told pain is worse cause it doesn't cure endometriosis and after any surgery it creates lesions. Yes no more bleeding but for me more pain. I am a medical assistant and from what I've learned having ovaries removed you have higher chance of heart disease. I found with warm water physical therapy which is also a good mediation and diet gluten free and probiotics help. The antidepressants for me make me more depressed so I take xanax which helps I do mediation first before I take a xanax. Everybody is different on how treatments work. I hope you have a good Dr that will help. There is hope! Oh and migraines and headaches I've taken prescriptions which I haven't found one that works but with my studies I tried benadryl and it worked.
    • Posted

I forgot to mention with heavy periods you should increase your iron. I read from others magnisum and b12 those will help with your energy levels and may help with your anxiety.
  • Posted

I had a full hysterectomy done this past year. And it was the best decision I made. No more painful periods no more pain and no more endometriosis. So I am doing fantastic. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.