Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys new to this so please excuse if any mistakes. I reckon I have been per I menopausal now for a couple of years. I'm 49....50 in September. At the beginning I just noticed by massive increase in weight and hot flushes...didn't take anything. However this last year has been a nightmare! I already suffer from fibromyalgia so I'm used to pain but over the last year symptoms are unrelenting! Originally I was on cerazette and elleste duo and felt amazing. However Dr told me I couldn't stay on this combination. They advised the marina coil.....November 2016. This combined with wireless solo patches resulted in my stomach looking pregnant. The coil perforated uterus and I had to have keyhole surgery to remove it. At the same time I had my tubes clipped. A few months on, I have now chopped and changed hrt. Was changed to evoke continue but only gave them 4 days as headaches horrendous and boob's really sore....spots galore ! Went back on elleste duo to then being told to come off these as I was about to start progesterone part. I now take menopace and cod liver oil with evening primrose....while I am weaning off elleste duo.....feel libido, exhausted and constantly sore bad and hip pain. Please HELP. Ant suggestions??

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Joy - I take Osteocare tablets which you can buy over the counter, they have magnesuim,calcuim,zinc & D3, I also take Omega 3. Wouldnt do without them. They really help with the pain! I also have a Tens machine which really helps when i'm really in pain.Hope this helps! X

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Joy - I am 47 and also have Fibromyalgia and am suffering really badly with fatigue, headaches and foggy vision with Peri-Menopuase as well. So far the things that have helped me are fish oils, Vitamin D and Magnesium but even those don't stop the bad times which I am in right now. Also look into stress reduction such as mindfulness and yoga. Stress is a major trigger for me xx

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    If you can afford it I'd strongly suggest a naturopathic Doctor. They are trained just as much as a GO with an extre year in top. They will look at your symptoms holistically rather than just a set of symptoms to treat. If you are in the US and in certain states your insurance may cover the costs too. My ND has been a life saver and has helped reduce my symptoms dramatically with diet and supplements with a combo of herbal meds. I would not suggest playing with herbals without a professional tailoring a combination to help your specific needs after they check your blood labs and symptoms. Good luck!

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up